A Fate Worse Than Death is a Quest in Divinity: Original Sin II.
This quest is automatically acquired when you entered the tower within Gargoyle's Maze.
- Some of the undead ask you to release their souls from soul jar. These soul jars can be found inside illusionist's cave.
- After going through the Gargoyle's Maze, there is a tower with many undead inside. Talk to Necromancers then kill them. Loot Filthy Iron Key.
- The Necromancers will respawn later, so you may want to leave them once you loot the key.
- Destroy their soul jars in Dark Cavern.
- Killing the trio of Undead Necromancers at least once before using their soul jars will reward you with added experience
- You cannot use the soul jars while in combat with the Necromancers