A Hunter of Wicked Things is a Quest in Divinity: Original Sin II. On your travels, you meet a demon hunter named Jahan who is looking to kill a powerful demon on Bloodmoon Isle. Will you help him?
- The Advocate
- Find Jahan and talk to him.
- Agree to kill The Advocate.
- Kill the Advocate and report back to Jahan.
At a house slightly east of Cloisterwood, there is a Demon Hunter named Jahan (he is the same Jahan from the original Divinity: Original Sin). Approach him for 14,975 Exploration XP.
Jahan will ask you to investigate Bloodmoon Island and kill a powerful demon there named "The Advocate". If you have Lohse on your team, you can agree to let her talk to him for +10 Attitude and he will agree to help Lohse in return for killing the demon. Either way, the quest will progress and you will earn 7500XP.
It is highly recommended to do all three quests: "The Secrets of Bloodmoon Island", "The Advocate", and "The Forgotten and the Damned" in conjunction with this one, as they all are around the same path. Rewards will be listed on their respective pages.
There is also a book called "Ornate Hymnal" inside Jahan's home, which is required for the "The Forgotten and the Damned" quest. Reading it as a Scholar will net you 14450XP, if you have not already read it.
Travel to Bloodmoon island through Cloisterwood harbor or by casting Spirit Vision at the broken bridge next to Driftwood Fields Waypoint. You can teleport over safely using the spirit bridges that appear. In any case, when you arrive on Bloodmoon Island, speak to The Advocate at the demon's camp, and by all means agree to do his personal quest since it nets a lot of XP and advances your main quest anyway. You can also kill The Advocate right then and there, but it is not recommended, since you can kill him after doing his quest anyway.
After dealing with the Black Ring magisters surrounding the tree, you can kill The Advocate. Arp-kha, Chtylchia, Basatan, and a dog will aid him in the fight (the other dog will be on the beach still - you can kill him as well for 7225XP), so be sure to pickpocket Basatan as much as possible before attacking The Advocate. Killing The Advocate gives a measly 7225XP, but he drops pretty nice loot. You will also earn 7225XP for killing the dog, and 28900XP each for killing Basatan the Wishmaster, Chtylchia the Mistress of Agony, Eyrhen of Havoc, and Arp-kha the Elemental Knight. Once they are all dead, don't forget to loot the Voidwoken Fish Exchange Scroll on Basatan, and clear out the area of any remaining enemies for maximum XP and loot.
After you killed the Advocate, since you will need to learn the name of the Arch-Demon anyway later on when you report back to Jahan, you can now simply cast Spirit Vision and talk to the Spirit of the Ancestor Tree to learn the name of the Arch-demon Jahan is after. In order to speak with the tree though, you will need to learn the name of the tree, which can be found by reading the book called "Archivist's Journal" in the Archives located in the picture below (this Archive is actually associated with the quest: "The Secrets of Bloodmoon Island"). Invoke the Tree's name and you will earn 66200XP, as well as learn the name of the Arch-demon, which is Adramahlihk, residing in Doctor Daeva himself.
The above picture shows the entrance to the Archives. You will need enough wits to spot the mound and dig it up. Entering it will net you 50,575XP.
Report to Jahan that the Advocate has died and you will earn 36100XP, and as the dialogue progresses you will earn another 36100XP for a total of 72,200XP. Use spirit vision to speak with the spirit of the tree and to learn of the name of the demon. After you reveal the name of the demon to Jahan, you will officially complete the quest and obtain a choice of legendary loot. If Lohse is with you, Jahan will try to cure her but ultimately fail. He then agrees to join you on the Lady Vengeance and face the demon later.
- 14,975 Exploration XP upon approaching Jahan's house.
- 7500XP for agreeing to investigate Bloodmoon Island.
- +10 Attitude with Lohse for letting her speak with Jahan.
- 14,450XP for reading the Ornate Hymnal book as a Scholar (associated with The Forgotten and the Damned quest).
- 7225XP each for killing The Advocate, and his 2 dogs, for a total of 21,675XP (1 dog is probably on the beach still).
- 28,900XP each for killing Basatan, Chtylchia, Eyrhen, and Arp-kha, for a total of 115,600XP.
- 50,575XP for entering the Archives for the Archivist's Journal (associated with The Secrets of Bloodmoon Island quest).
- 66,200XP for invoking the name of the Ancestor Tree (associated with The Secrets of Bloodmoon Island quest).
- 36,100XP twice, for a total of 72,200XP for reporting back to Jahan that The Advocate is dead.
- A Choice of Legendary Loot, upon quest completion.