Counting your Chickens is a Quest in Divinity: Original Sin II. After encountering some chickens who lost their eggs, you are tasked with finding the lost eggs. Are you up to the task?
- Big Marge
- Encounter a brood of panicking hens who have lost their eggs.
- Find the chicken eggs.
- Return the surviving egg back to the hens.
- Check back later on the surviving egg's condition.
- A voidling chick has hatched from the egg. Find its father.
- Speak to Magicockerel and decide Peeper's fate.
At Reaper's coast, you will meet some chickens in a ranch. If you have the Pet Pal talent, you will learn that their eggs have been stolen. Big Marge, the leader of these chickens, will task you with finding the stolen eggs.
Travel to the place marked on your map, north of the hens, and defeat the Voidwoken there. Unfortunately, you will discover that all the eggs have been tainted and there is only one lone surviving egg left. Pick it up and take it back to Big Marge.
After reporting back to Big Marge with the egg, she will reward you with the location of a treasure hidden behind the hens' coop. Dig it up and continue on your travels.
Revisit the chickens sometime later and you will find that a voldling chick named Peeper has hatched from the egg and killed all of the chickens. However, it doesn't seem to be hostile to you and follows you around.
Use Spirit Vision to reveal the Spirit of Big Marge, who will tell you to find Peeper's father. Travel to the location marked on your map (co-ordinates X:437, Y:304) to find Peeper's father, Magicockerel.
Magicockerel will tell you to kill Peeper as all he sees is a killer, not his son. You can choose to oblige and kill Peeper or refuse to kill the cute ball of fluff.
If you choose to kill Peeper, you will be rewarded with a choice of loot. A chest containing a legendary and an epic item will also spawn near Magicockerel. If you choose not to kill Peeper, he will transform into a voidwoken hatchling and summon dozens of other chicks to fight you. You will not get any loot reward and the chest will not spawn if you choose this choice, but you can loot the dead chicken bodies for around 3 source orbs. Either way, the quest is complete.
- 5000XP upon completion, regardless of choice.
- Killing Peeper grants not only a choice of loot reward, but also spawns a chest next to Magicockerel, containing several powerful items, with at least one epic and legendary item.
- Letting Peeper live will give you around 3 source orbs for each of the dead chicken bodies.