Most Dangerous When Cornered is a Quest in Divinity: Original Sin II.
This quest is automatically acquired when you apporach the ancient ruins on the north of the island after you escaped from Fort Joy.
- Save Gareth from magisters.
- Find Gareth in his hideout, discuss how to take one of the ship of magisters and escape this island.
- Find some source weapon
- After you escaped from Fort Joy, go the north part of the island. Be prepared to fight because some voidwokens will try to ambush you in this area.(If you have Pet Pal talent, some of the flaming pigs will ask you to release from thier curse, killing them give you a small amount of EXP. Blessing the curse pigs will lift the curse.)
- In the ruins to the north, you will encounter a shrieker at the entrance. Do not go near it, as it will cause instant death. You can bypass it by climbing the vines just south of the shrieker to reach the upper level of the wall. You can then climb down the ladder where you will encounter a group of magisters on a lower level.
- If you are having trouble with this group of magisters, you can sneak past them to the north where another group of magisters are locked in combat with Gareth. Once your team is in the fight, Gareth will join the fight which will make it considerably easier. You can then use Gareth's help on the first group of magisters that you snuck past.
- Once the fighting is done, Gareth says he has a plan to take one of magisters' ship and leave this island. He asks you to meet him in Sanctuary of Amadia.
- In Sanctuary of Amadia, Gareth asks you to find some source weapon, otherwise there is no way to defeat Alexander and his magisters. You can find one in a Cave near the Winter Dragon (at southeast of the island) after you defeat the witch. Or you can go to the Vault of Braccus Rex, which can be accessed through SouthEast part of the island (past the void salamanders), and obtain a purging wand there.
- Dont let Gareth be killed during battle, so move quickly.