Speaking in Forked Tongues is a Quest in Divinity: Original Sin II. Speak to the burning chest in Stonegarden cemetary and find a way to open it.
- Move the chest from the fire.
- Speak to the chest.
- Find the password.
- Open the chest.
In Stonegarden, you can find a lizard chest in between two fire-breathing statues. Move it out the flame so you can speak to it.
Let a lizard speak to it (the Red Prince will do), and you will learn it requires a password to open. The password can be learned from the salamander at Ryker's mansion, but it has to be a lizard character with both the Pet Pal talent and the "Scholar" tag. Fane's Mask of the Shapeshifter can be used if there is no lizard character in the party. With enough persuasion ability, you can also pass a speech check to make the chest open for you. Finding the password from the salamander gives 9650XP though.
Alternatively, if you have an Elf in your party there's a limb you can eat from a lizard corpse that will infuse you with the memories of the song/password. It is located near the broken statue and requires Wits to find. This is probably the easier way to complete this quest BUT if you do so, you will forfeit the rewards associated with the "Stranger in a strange land" quest, since the limbs are from the spirit of the lizard who wants his limbs burned. Opening the chest will grant 3875XP and complete the quest.
- Teleport the chest out from the flames
- Smashing it gets the loot but does not solve the quest, noble lizard with petpal does not qualify to get the password.
- A Scholar elf may learn a song from gravekeeper, which can open the chest (?)
- Consul Zur's leg can be found at Ryker's basement, eat it will taught you the song/password. The leg can be found on the table on X:596 Y:787, make sure you use alt to see if it's the right body part and if it's rotten or not.