|Next Quest||The Tribe of Saheila|
The Imprisoned Elf is a Quest in Divinity: Original Sin II. An elf caged by camp boss Griff asks for your help. He says he is innocent and knows a way to leave Fort Joy.
- Speak with Amyro or Griff
- Speak with Amyro
- Speak with Stingtail
- Speak with Griff
There are 3 ways to acquire this quest, first, talk to Griff, Amyro or Saheila. Griff is in the kitchen area of Fort Joy and so is Amyro (in the cage). Saheila is in the Caverns south of Fort Joy. Griff will ask you to find the missing supplies and speaking to Amyro after speaking to Griff will yield a clue (Oranges). You can ask the NPCs if they have seen anything unusual, but none provide useful answers except a rat located near the kitchen (requires Pet Pal).
The real thief is a lizard named Stingtail, he is on the south beach, always sleeping, and smells like oranges. You can persuade Stingtail to hand you Griff's supplies, or take them by force. If Sebille is in your party she will want to talk to him and will, as a result, kill him if you let her. Since she must kill him to advance her quest line, it is advised you keep her away from the group somewhere until after you've acquired the "oranges". Once the oranges have been acquired, you can bring her over and let her kill him (he is a Pyrokinetic Skills vendor so buy whatever you want first).
Return to Griff with his supplies, he will ask you to turn the thief in. If you refuse, he and his entire crew will attack, but you can get all the money back in previous tradings if you defeat him. If you turn in Stingtail he will be killed by an assassin the next time you see him.
Release Amyro, and he gives you an amulet and asks you to pass the elves of Shoulder and tell them Saheila is here.
- Split your party after getting oranges, sending single person back to Griff. Reluctantly give up thief, then switch back to party beside thief. Force attack Griff's mercenary to save him and get 1000XP, further 600XP and additional "orange" when you speak to thief afterwards.
- You may force attack Griff (after stopping his mercenary assassin) to fight his entire crew. Butter, who is part of Griff's crew, will aid you in your fight if you have won her favor through dialogue.
- After completing the quest, if you decide to kill him for Sebille's quest, sell all your loot to him first in trade for the pyromancy skills. When you kill him, you will get some of your loot back.
- POWER GLITCH TECHNIQUE, there is a method to let Stingtail live, Sabille will not kill Stingtail and her quest will still advance, Griff will not kill Stingtail, and also steal all possible items from Stingtail without trading. (To use this method at your own risk, possible quest may not trigger)
- Talk to Amryo/Griff and promise to find the supply
- Send 3 party members (except Sabille, station her beside Griff) to talk to Stingtail. Recommended to use The Red Prince so that you can complete his quest at the same time
- The Red Prince has +1 Persuasion that guarantees Stingtail to return Oranges to the party
- Take the oranges from Stingtail and transfer the Orange to Sabille and have Sabille to submit the quest
- Expose the thief Stingtail and Griff will send Silence to kill him, have your main party be on focus and fight Silence
- Do let Silence attack Stingtail first, doing so will give you a few hit advantage before engaging in fight
- Kill Silence and you will get 1000exp, save your game if you want to be safe!
- GLITCH METHOD (ONLY WORKS IF YOU HAVE A CHARACTER WITH +1 THIEVERY)
- Let Sabille initiate the "Permission" dialogue for Stingtail, BUT DO NOT CLICK ON ANY OPTIONS!
- At the same time, use your other character to speak to Stingtail and he will award you 600exp for saving his life
- Method A
- When Stingtail is facing the other way, go pickpocket him for his items. If you get caught, the glitch will trigger and Sabille will "kill" Stingtail but Stingtail is still alive
- Method B
- If your pickpocketing doesn't trigger him to detect you, attack him once, then switch to Sabille and finish the conversation. Stingtail will still be alive.
- If you want to kill Stingtail, you will get more exp. But you can choose to keep him alive for the fun of it. You will not return to Fort Joy anyway.