Wishful Thinking is a Quest in Divinity: Original Sin II, Act II.
Coming across a lamp on the beach, you are afforded the opportunity to be granted a wish. But how lucky will you be?
- Talk to the Djinn.
- Kill the Djinn, or attain one of his wishes.
- Pass the speech check and get a good wish.
On a beach southwest of Driftwood, you will find an Ancient Lamp lying on the ground. Using it will give you the option to rub the lamp or destroy it. Rubbing the lamp will release the Djinn within, where you can engage in lengthy conversation with it. Destroying it will unleash the Djinn from the lamp and immediately initiate combat.
Simple Solution: Based on multiple reports, the Djinn doesn't really offer any significant enough reward worth spending the time to consider, so just kill him and take the EXP. The only thing to keep in mind is that the Djinn's level scales based on yours, which means that you can gain more EXP if you choose to hold onto the lamp for now and fight the Djinn at a later time.
Long Solution: You must pass a hybrid speech and Persuasion check, whereby depending on whether you pick the right combination or not, you might end up fighting him or be granted a choice between a variety of rewards that can be either good or bad. Be sure to save before initiating this quest.
|Choice||Result (Persuasion Success)||Result (Persuasion Failure)|
|Strength OR Finesse||Bad Reward|
|Intelligence OR Finesse (with Mystic)||Good Reward|
|Wits||Reward Denied. Trying again leads to Combat|
Warning: Do not be misled by the "Persuasion Success!" message. High Persuasion will allow you to "pass" this initial check even if the choice is actually bad.
|Choice||Bad Reward||Good Reward|
|Power||Zapped by lightning which attempts to Knock Down||
Stolen Djinn's Gift
Magisters will constantly want to inspect you
Djinn's Gift (Intended to be Sold)
Children's Tales Book
|Random Level 3 Skillbook|
|Destruction||Entire Party is Permanently Blinded||Hailstorm Scroll|
|Character Specific||Nothing happens; you will be prompted to make a different choice instead|
- If you kill the Djinn, you will obtain a Hollow Lamp worth 2,000 Gold and EXP that is dependent on your current level, as the Djinn's level scales with yours. For example, you will gain 5,575 EXP at level 10, 10,775 EXP at level 12 and 55,800 EXP at level 17.
- Choosing any wish (good or bad) will always leaves the character with the Hollow Lamp 9,750 EXP.
- You can hold the lamp in your inventory and summon the Djinn in a more public place such as the Driftwood Marketplace to make the battle significantly easier.