A Danger to Herself and Others is a Quest in Divinity: Original Sin II. In your travels, you meet a physician beside himself with worry over a recent patient. It turns out that the patient is afflicted with some sort of sickness. Will you be able to help her?
- Natalie Bromhead
- Gregorius Swann
- Meet the healer Gregorius Swann near the Stonegarden Cemetery.
- Convince him to let your party into his house to see the patient.
- Enter the cellar.
- Cure the woman. (choice)
- Kill the woman. (choice)
Northeast of Stonegarden Cemetery, you will come across a healer's home. Persuade him to tell you about his troubles and let you into his house to cure an afflicted Sourcerer.
Follow the healer into the cellar, and from here, you will have 2 options: kill her or cure her. If you approach her with a non-Scholar character, there will be no option to cure her and the only recourse is to kill all the enemies that appear. If you approach her with a [SCHOLAR] character, however, you can point out that she is suffering from a trepanation wound, and the healer will ask you not to kill her during the ensuing fight so he can attempt to cure her. In any case, both ways will lead to the sourcerer and attacking you, summoning 4 enemies that will join her in the fight (they are labelled as Natalie's Anguish, Natalie's Fury, Natalie's Despair, and Natalie's Fear)
In the ensuing fight, you will face off with 4 Natalie emotion monsters and Natalie herself. Each will award 10775XP (2700 in Definitive) when killed. If you choose to cure her, you will have to weaken her by dropping her to low health. The moment you weaken her, however, all emotions despawn. Thus, for maximum XP gain, it is crucial to kill off all 4 emotions before weakening her.
After you successfully weaken her, you will engage in dialogue to begin the surgery. In order to ensure she doesn't die from surgery, you will need to start the operation as soon as possible. Note that there is a hidden stat check for Intelligence and Finesse required to successfully perform the surgery. It is quite low, however, so simply casting Clear Mind on any character with base stats of 10 should be enough to clear the check. Afterwards, pick the dialogue options:
"Ask Swann to help keep her steady."
"Select a pair of delicate tweezers and gently try to remove the maggot"
and finally "Slowly close up the wound".
You will successfully cure her and receive 13450XP for your troubles. Speak to Gregorius Swann to obtain 50 Attitude, and an epic-quality reward of your choice. He will also be available as a healer and trader from now onwards (his healing spell will damage Undead though). The quest is complete at this point.
If she doesn't survive from surgery, you gain no XP and you will lose attitude points with Swann. The quest will be complete, as if you killed her yourself (except you receive no XP from killing her compared to if you went with the "kill her" route in the beginning).
If you choose to kill her, simply finish off all enemies and the quest is complete.
- 5800XP for persuading the healer to let you into his home.
- 10775XP for killing each Natalie emotion and Natalie herself, for a total of 53,875XP if you decide to go for the "Kill her" route.
- 10775XP for killing each Natalie emotion (2700 in Definitive) and 13450XP for curing Natalie, for a total of 56,550XP if you go for the "Cure her" route.
- Gregorius Swann will be available as a healer and trader, along with +50 Attitude and an Epic reward of your choice if you successfully manage to cure her.
Tips and Tricks:
- Use a [SCHOLAR] character to persuade Gregorius Swann to let you help
- Use a [SCHOLAR] character when approaching Natalie Bromhead to allow curing her.