A Familiar Face is a Quest in Divinity: Original Sin II. After Fort Joy, Magister Delorus joined the Order's expedition to the Nameless Isle. Now he's lost and alone.
- Keep Delorus alive
- Find Delorus' friends (optional).
- Escort him to the Elven Temple.
If you saved Delorus at Fort Joy (the Magister who was interrogated by Magister Houndmaster in the prison), you can meet him again on the Nameless Isle close to the Temple of Rhalic (X:168 Y:865). He will join your team here in hope of finding his fellow Magisters. Not too far north from where you find him, there are some dead Magisters that he will identify as his friends and you will have a chance to encourage or beat him down over his dead friend Magister Pearst. Encouraging him to take revenge on the Black Ring when he next sees them will grant him a permanent Enrage buff, while encouraging him to honor Pearst's memory will grant him a permanent Encourage buff.
Delorus, recognizing his friend, magister Pearst
Simply escort Delorus to the Altar of Tir-Cindelius, where his colleagues are taking refuge. It is located in the northeast, where the Temple of Tir-Cendelius waypoint is.
You will be rewarded with Delorus's Bow upon quest completion.
Delorus is extremely weak, so he should not be brought into combat as he will die easily. (As of DE, he levels with your party and is not nearly as much of a liability).
Serious Bug: If at any point in time you decide to tell Delorus to stay put and wait for you, there is a chance that when you tell him to rejoin your party, he won't. To rectify this, you will need to hire a mercenary at the Lady Vengeance and have them ask Delorus to rejoin the party instead. Because of this bug, it is highly recommended to split the party member he is attached to from your team instead of telling him to stay put.
Alternatively, it seems that if you have already killed Alexander before ever talking to Delorus, you can then escort him to the temple and complete the quest as normal. Rather hilariously he does not seem to notice that Alexandar is dead, and will remark that it's good to be back with his comrades when spoken to.
- If Delorus dies at any point in time, resurrecting him does not restore the quest. The quest will still close and record him as being dead.
- If you did not yet convince Gareth to give up his quest for revenge (the quest Seeking Revenge), Gareth will be in the middle of confronting Delorus' colleagues upon arrival. It is possible to avoid this encounter entirely, by using the waypoint to make Delorus complete his quest and leave. You will have a persuasion check (43 in stat + 5 persuasion will fail, possibly not a check you can win) to attempt to convince him against attacking Alexandar. Unless Gareth does not attack, Delorus will immediately turn against you regardless of whether you take his side or not.
- Peace of Mind will remove his enraged buff until Enrage is cast on him again, upon which he will regain it permanently.
- Killing him gives 20,075XP (tested level 17).