A Man and His Dog is a Quest in Divinity: Original Sin II. You find a man and his sick dog, will you toss a coin and move on or stick around and get the full story?
- Rusty (dog)
- The Idle Beggar
- Speak to the man, or his dog (Pet Pal required).
- Confront the beggar.
- If you helped the dog, find him in the graveyard.
- Investigate Rusty's information.
At Driftwood, right next to the waypoint, there is a beggar with a sick dog. If you have Pet Pal talent, you can pet the dog and heal him, then you can let him know it's his master that hurts him. Once the dog runs away, you will find him in the graveyard. When you talk to the dog he will mention that the memorial near the centre smelled strange, similar to the Fish Works in Driftwood. Dogs location in the graveyard is (X:530 Y:65)
- You can confront the begger after you free the dog and ask for all his gold.
- When helping the dog with his collar, select "Tell the dog that payment in gold is customary." so that you can get more gold out of the beggar later, then continue to ask the dog who did this to him. When confronting the beggar select the option that you will take half his earnings, he will give you 20 gold, if you select you want all his earnings he will give you only 5 gold. After that select a character with high thievery and do the option where you drop a penny to steal from his socks where he stores his gold. You will get 19 more gold from this and lose the penny you drop.