|Previous Quest||Red Ink in the Ledger|
Aggressive Takeover is a Quest in Divinity: Original Sin II. Short description goes here.
- Trader Liam
- Follow the trail of blood.
- Find the corpse of Garvan's master.
- Dig down.
- Speak with the spirit of Liam.
- Execute Garvan.
- Bring Garvan's head to the spirit of Liam.
Following the trail a little east to an area roughly below the bridge leads to Garvan's supplies. A void-touched beastmaster and his pets will ambush you.
Using Wits you can discover a shallow grave with a limb for an elf to eat. Cast Spirit Vision in this spot and the ghost of Trader Liam appears (X:190 Y: 168). Talk to him to discover the truth of his death and agree to avenge him. You MUST speak to him and agree to kill Garvan to properly progress this quest. If you do not, Garvan won't give you any dialogue options that would lead into a confrontation with him.
Find Garvan in the above-ground tavern in Driftwood sitting at a table. The only way to kill him without causing the entire town to become hostile is to poison him with Tainted Stew. Exit the door near Garvan and walk toward the rear of the tavern to the outhouses and speak with the ill woman inside. She will hint that you can craft Tainted Stew from a Meaty Stew and any Void-tainted fish. You can purchase Void-Tainted fish cheaply from the fishmonger merchant in the Driftwood Square.
Speaking with Garvan with the stew in your inventory will give you the option to feed him the Tainted Stew. Garvan will then move to the other outhouse behind the tavern, next to the woman's outhouse. Speak to him through the door and he will emerge. Confront him about the murder of Trader Liam and he will attack you without making anyone else hostile.
Looting his corpse will give you Garvan's head. Hand it over to Liam and he will mark the treasure Garvan failed to find as your reward..
- 2000 exp for killing Garvan.
- If you return Garvan's head intact to Trader Liam, he will provide you with 6950 experience and the location of his treasure cache.
- If you eat Garvan's severed head looted from his corpse, your character will gain a permanent +1 Barter trait. You can use the Mask of the Shapeshifter to turn any character into an elf in order to eat the head. He or she will retain the trait even after turning back. Return to Trader Liam after eating the head for 5575 experience. You can still claim Trader Liam's treasure by finding it with Wits. (X:145 Y:235)
- Do not attempt to kill Garvan via traditional direct/indirect means. The entire town will turn on you. (This may have been caused from a recent update.) Instead, poison him as was intended by using the Tainted Stew.
- Buy a Meaty Stew from Lovrik in the Tavern and craft it together with a Tainted Fish and give Garvan the Tainted Stew. I had to give him 2 normal stews first and for the third he asks for a special one.
- Liam's treasure can be discovered normally without having to do the quest.
- Liam's treasure usually contains at least 1000 gold and a legendary item.
- Location of the dead trader is X:190 Y: 168. You should see a blood stain.
- Treasure is located at X:145 Y:235, southwest of the Cloisterwood waypoint.