|Previous Quest||Red Ink in the Ledger|
Aggressive Takeover is a Quest in Divinity: Original Sin II. Short description goes here.
- Trader Liam
- Kill Garvan.
- Return to Liam with proof.
West to the Driftwood near a bridge, there is a trail of blood. (location marked in quest Red Ink in the Ledger)
At the end of the trail is Garvan's supplies, and Void-touched beastmasters and their pet will ambush you.
Cast Spirit Vision in the area and the ghost of Trader Liam appears. Talk to him to discover the truth of his death and agree to avenge him. You MUST speak to him and agree to kill Garvan to properly progress this quest. If you do not, Garvan won't give you any dialogue options that would lead into a confrontation with him.
If you want to kill Garvan without attracting attention, you must feed him Tainted Stew. By speaking with the lady inside the outhouses behind the tavern, she will hint that you can craft one from a Meaty Stew and any Void-tainted fish. You can similarly craft your own, or use the one she provides for free once you have spoken with her. Garvan will then move to the outhouses behind the tavern, and attack you when you confront him.
Looting his corpse will give you Garvan's head. Hand it over to Liam and he will mark the treasure Garvan failed to find as your reward..
Rewards: 2000 exp for killing Garvan. Choose: +1 Barterer to the Elf (Shapeshift mask will work too) who eats the head and 5575 exp upon talking to Liam OR 6950 exp and the location of the treasure revealed.
- Do not attempt to kill Garvan via traditional direct/indirect means. The entire town will turn on you. (This may have been caused from a recent update.) Instead, poison him as was intended by using the Tainted Stew.
- Buy a Meaty Stew from Lovrik in the Tavern and craft it together with a Tainted Fish and give Garvan the Tainted Stew. I had to give him 2 normal stews first and for the third he asks for a special one.
- Liam's treasure is discoverable normally without having to do the quest.
- Liam's treasure usually contains at least 1000 gold and a legendary item.
- Location of the dead trader is X:190 Y: 168. You should see a blood stain.
- Treasure is located at X:145 Y:235, southwest of the Cloisterwood waypoint.