Reduces the cost of using grenades and scrolls by 1AP if your offhand is free.
Ambidextrous is a talent in Divinity Orignal Sin 2.
- Does not reduce 1AP scrolls to 0AP.
- Two-Handed weapons consider your offhand to be free.
- This is especially notable for staff-users, since mages are highly likely to also want to make use of Elemental Affinity, and this talent can make creation of localized elemental surfaces cheaper than wands can while also not being restricted to 1-2 elements like one would be when wielding wands. Staffs additionally have hidden mechanics related to elemental surface manipulation, which may be significant depending on a given character's build. See the Staff of Magus page for more details.
- Excellent choice if you use scrolls often; some powerful spells might become 1 AP spells (i.e. Deep Freeze), and you can outright cheese end-game fights with Apotheosis and Skin Graft scrolls.
- Even without this talent, scrolls are worth crafting, collecting, and using, as they have no cooldowns, require no memory slots, never use Source Points, and in some cases have an inherently lower AP cost than their spell counterpart. Other than these traits, they function identically to their spell counterpart.
- Grenades, while not viable for damage, still become 1 AP large AoE CCs and status effect appliers.
- Having lower damage also means it's not as harmful to include oneself in the effect for the purposes of activating Elemental Affinity.
- Firestorm Grenade in particular is deceptively very easy to make, even at the start of the game. This is especially true if the Crafter's Kit Gift Bag mod is installed. See the Firestorm Grenade page for more details.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!