Band of Braccus
Band of Braccus is an Armor in Divinity Orginal Sin 2.
Cold to the touch, this ornate ring once belonged to Braccus Rex. Within the band is inscribed the name Cassandra: the soul-forged twin he turned into an Undead lich to prolong his power. Indistinct, malevolent whispers issue from the stone.
Band of Braccus Information
- Sets cursed status on the wearer. Curse can only be temporarily removed through the use of source skill Bless which also unequips the Band of Braccus from the wearer.
- Cursed status on wearer can also be removed by: (working May 2022)
- 1. Equip both the ring (Band of Braccus) and Braccus's chest armour (Heart of the Tyrant)
- 2. Unequip the ring (Band of Braccus)
- 3. Unequip the chest armour (Heart of the Tyrant)
- As of April 2022 removing the ring does no remove the curse.
Band of Braccus Requirements
- Level 6
Band of Braccus Notes/Tips
- Can be used to skip the Gargoyle's Maze by proving the wearer as Braccus but doing so bypasses a few chests so it is not recommended.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
To remove the curse, simply travel to Mordor, then throw it into Mount Doom
You can remove the curse by equipping the chest plate of Braccus after the ring then remove one of them then the next. I’m Srry I can’t remember the order. So just try to remove the chest plate then the ring, and if that doesn’t work then remove the ring then chest plate
I equipped the ring to enter then unequipped the ring and my character said " The ring is gone but the curse remains" cast a blessing on me and the ring disappeared o.O
I didn't equip the ring but showed it instead in the conversation with the gargoyle...still got me through the maze
You can lift the curse from the wearer by equipping the ring onto a different character.
I tried dropping the ring and casting bless on it while on the ground but that did nothing. (Looks like someone else already did this, should've read first)
I attempted to throw the ring on the ground and bless it. This does not uncurse the ring
From what I can tell, you cannot permanently uncurse the ring, and it is not part of the Tyrant's armor set. Wearing it with the armor will not remove the curse from it, and you don't need to wear it to complete the set.
The Band of Braccus is mostly useless, though there is one instance in the Hollow Marshes outside Fort Joy, where you can, upon using the door to enter Braccus' maze outside his tower, teleport immediately to the tower's entrance by claiming you are Braccus and producing this ring to the Gargoyle. I've yet to find another instance where this can be used in such a manner.
I see people throwing around the word "Bless" but it doesn't really work, all it makes is you're not cursed anymore and the ring goes off, but the moment you equip it afterwards, you're once again permanently cursed.
Gets you through the gargoyle maze :D
The Band of Braccus I found has different stats than listed here: +1 Intel, +1 Const, with no -1 memory. What gives?
To remove the curse, just bless it.