Bound by Pain (Sweet Shackles of pain) is a Quest in Divinity: Original Sin II. Short description goes here.
- Force out the demon inside the Dwarf
- Defeat the demon
To acquire this quest, you need to get in one of the statue-sealed vaults on Bloodmoon Island. (To open the statue, you need to let one character with Scholar tag to decipher Ornate Hymnal, it turns to The Taming of Holy Fire. This book can be found at multiple locations, including the archive on the northeast of the island, and a Black Ring member near the ancestor tree.)
Go to the Ancient Forge on the north of the island, forge a silver lever shaft with silver bar.
Use the bar on the slot inside the vault, then cast Spirit Vision, ask the guardian to open the door. (If you can't pass the speech persuasion check, use Source Vampirism on him, learnt in quest Powerful Awakening).
Behind the door, the possessed dwarf begs you destroy the pillars, offering you "anything" if you set him free. If this is done he will immediately attack. Instead you should attack the chained dwarf until he stays knocked down (about 10% of his health, he will yell about this bloody prison), then free him by destroying the pillar which will initiate combat. The demon will come out of the dwarf ("Mor the Trenchmouthed") and the now free dwarf will assist you in combat.
Once the demon is freed (could be done during the combat), you will need to defeat him. It can possess any of your teammates within around 8m range. (but it cant possess summons). You will have to kill party members who are possessed to get the demon out of them, idols of rebirth are very nice here, or you can try the cheese method detailed below.
You will gain 43,325 EXP (tested level 16). Check the demon's body for some decent loot. If you complete the fight with the dwarf alive, he will direct you to find his treasure at X:193 Y:379. This is the southwest corner of the Island, on the bit of shore with 3 graves next to the dock. The bag contains gold (as little as 9...).
Using Source Vampirism on its corpse will afflict the user with possession restarting the fight.
You may need to heal that dwarf multiple time during the process, if you killed the dwarf, the quest is also complete. This quest seems to be bugged for some players.
In order not to accidentally kill the dwarf, consider using Living on the Edge.
- In regards to fighting the Demon it will go into the player that last attacked it.
- Suggesting using piercing damage in this fight, as the demon will not automatically regenerate health. (The Demon's armor & magic armor will be restored once outside of it's host).
- Cheese Method:
- Attack the dwarf while he's chained, beating him down a bunch while also healing him until he stays knocked down.
- Destroy three of the pillars and most of the fourth.
- Pull whole team out of the room back to statue but keep a ranged character close enough to target the fourth pillar.
- Summon 2 or 3 totems right at the edge of the pit and then pull back.
- Use ranged to destroy last pillar and demon will emerge.
- Demon will aggro dwarf, dwarf does a lot of heals on himself, invisible, etc and also is attacking demon. Totems attack demon.
- Just skip your turns. When totems die (or use Door to Eternity), move summoner just close enough to set totem on the edge of the pit and back up.
- Totems and dwarf eventually kill demon.
- (Note: demon can swap with one of the totems and escape the pit but party should be far enough away that demon didn't engage any of them.)