Bound by Pain (Sweet Shackles of pain) is a Quest in Divinity: Original Sin II. Short description goes here.
- Force out the demon inside the Dwarf
- Defeat the demon
To acquire this quest, you need to get in one of the statue-sealed vaults on Bloodmoon Island. (To open the statue, you need to let one character with Scholar tag to decipher Ornate Hymnal, it turns to The Taming of Holy Fire. This book can be found at multiple locations, including the archive on the northeast of the island, and a Black Ring member near the ancestor tree.)
Go to the Ancient Forge on the north of the island, forge a silver lever shaft with silver bar.
Use the bar on the slot inside the vault, then cast Spirit Vision, ask the guardian to open the door. (If he refuses, use Source Vampirism on him, learnt in quest Powerful Awakening)
Behind the door, the possessed dwarf begs you destroy the pillars, if this is done you will release the demon. You need to attack the dwarf until he stays knocked down (about 10% of his health, he will yell about this bloody prison), then free him by destroying the pillar which will initiate combat.
Once the demon is freed (could be done during the combat, you will need to defeat him. It can possess any of your teammates within around 8m range. (but it cant possess summons)
I you complete the fight with the dwarf alive, he will direct you to find his treasure at X:193 Y:379. This is the west side of the Island, where there is 3 graves/cross. It is a bag of 2/3 gold.
(Note: you may need to heal that dwarf multiple time during the process, if you kill the dwarf, the quest is also complete. This quest seems to be bugged for some players. )
You may need to heal that dwarf multiple time during the process, if you killed the dwarf, the quest is also complete. This quest seems to be bugged for some players.
In order not to accidentally kill the dwarf, consider using Living on the Edge.
- In regards to fighting the Demon it will go into the player that last attacked it.
- Suggesting using piercing damage in this fight, as the demon will not automatically regenerate health. (The Demon's armor & magic armor will be restored once outside of it's host).
- Cheese Method:
- Attack the dwarf while he's chained, beating him down a bunch while also healing him until he stays knocked down.
- Destroy three of the pillars and most of the fourth.
- Pull whole team out of the room back to statue but keep a ranged character close enough to target the fourth pillar.
- Summon 2 or 3 totems right at the edge of the pit and then pull back.
- Use ranged to destroy last pillar and demon will emerge.
- Demon will agro dwarf, dwarf does a lot of heals on himself, invisible, etc and also is attacking demon. Totems attack demon.
- Just skip your turns. When totems die (or use Door to Eternity), move summoner just close enough to set totem on the edge of the pit and back up.
- Totems and dwarf eventually kill demon.
- (Note: demon can swap with one of the totems and escape the pit but party should be far enough away that demon didn't engage any of them.)