Corpse of Alice Alisceon is a level 15 Boss NPC in Divinity: Original Sin 2. She is Undead and has access to Pyrokinetic skills. She can be a very difficult boss (particularly if you are trying to solo her) and it is recommended to follow one of the strategies detailed below.
Corpse of Alice Alisceon Information
- Will attempt to one-hit KO your entire team with fire as soon as you engage in battle with her.
- Any form of contact with her will always cause her to engage in battle with you.
- Even if you defeated her in combat (which drops nice loots), YOU CAN STILL HEAR HER VOICE. I'LL KILL YOUR SHINING LIGHTS!
Corpse of Alice Alisceon Location
- Northern end of Cloisterwood, shown as a firey "pointed tip" on the map.
Notes and Tips
- Although there is a Persuasion check, she will fight you regardless of what dialogue option you choose.
- Will drop the Witch's Cellar Key after dying, to be used in the Treated Like Cattle quest. (Oddly enough, this boss is immensely difficult compared to that quest as a whole, and the cellar it opens can be easily lockpicked with Thievery 4.)
- Gives an insane amount of experience after defeating her. (36 100 EXP in D.E.)
- Using your "Bless" ability on Alice will remove her "Aura of pain" buff, by far one of the most irritating buffs in this fight.
- As Alice is an Undead, she is vulnerable to restoration spells/effects.
- If your party is stood close together then Alice will open the fight with a devastating fireball attack. Spread out to minimise the chance of this.
(Feel free to contribute by adding your own strategies here.)
1. Using Soul Mate & healing items to kill Alice
As Alice is undead, any healing she receives will cause her physical armour to reduce (or, if she has none left, direct damage to her vitality). Therefore, if you have a character with the Soul Mate spell, being connected to Alison and then consuming a large quantity of healing items (e.g. Huge Healing Potion, Giant Healing Potion etc.) will cause her to take extremely high amounts of damage. These potions also only take 1AP to use. The best part of this strategy is that it bypasses Alison's Retribution combat ability (receive 50% of damage dealt to Alison) because you are not technically trying to 'damage' her...
2. Using Bless
Alice's "Aura of pain" debuff causes those within close proximity of her to receive large amounts of piercing damage each turn. Using Bless completely nullifies this buff, meaning that physical attacks on Alison are now a far more viable strategy. Although Alison will receive the buff associated with Bless, it's definitely worth it to remove the de-buff aura.
3. Using Jahan to kill Alison
The easiest way to defeat her is to lure her to Jahan and have him kill her instead. To do so, have a character capable of attacking her at range waiting near Jahan to the east, and then have another character at the fiery cliff teleport her to the beach below. She will attempt to head around in Jahan's direction to return to her cliff, but her AP limit will force her to stop near his house. At this time, if you attack her with your character who is in waiting and lure her towards Jahan, he will join the fight and decimate her within a few turns.
4. Teleporting Alison off the cliff
Even without using Jahan (for example, if you're a Lone Wolf and can't do that bit), you can teleport her down by the beach to get her out of the way. That should allow you time to destroy the totems while Alice makes her way round. An easy way is to climb the structure to the south and hit the totems from the top. Then you can sneak-solo her as you see fit.
5. Using Living on the Edge
If you have a character with reasonable damage, and at least 3 points in Polymorph and Necromancer, you can pre-cast Living on the Edge on them. A Necromancer warrior or rogue works best. With living on the edge they will survive the initial one hit kill fireball. After that you need to get through her physical armor so you can cast Forced Exchange on her. This will drop her to 1hp and can be killed with a single right click. The whole thing is made easier if you have the Ashen Idol of rebirth to survive the first big attack.
The comments have plenty of strategies detailed if you aren't interested in cheesing this boss and actually want to fight her, so feel free to scroll down and read through them.
6. Teleporting her away from the totems and then polymporphing her into chicken
All you need is single teleport scroll and chicken`s claw scroll. After teleporting her away from the fire area use your character to bless her to get rid of the aura and then punch through her physical armor and then use chicken`s claw scroll to pacify her so she can`t do any damage to your party while you`re free to damage her.