Crippling a Demon is a Quest in Divinity: Original Sin II. To weaken Adramahlihk, Malady recommends a guided trip to his home plane.
- Enter the home plane of Adramahlihk
- Explore the home plane
- Reveal the nature of the flames
- Snuff out the candles (or leave)
(Note: this is a mostly optional side quest to Doctor's Orders)
On your journey you will learn a powerful doctor resides in Arx.
If you want to enter the doctor house in the north-east of Arx you need Lohse in your party or progress through the main quests. You have to either kill Isbeil in The Secrets of the Dwarves or Lord Linder Kemm in The Vault of Linder Kemm to get an invitation of the doctor. You can also sneak into the house using the void-tainted fish barrel, a teleporter pyramid and the Voidwoken Fish Exchange scroll from Act 2.
Malady will wait at the entrance of the house to start this quest (if you talked to her at the start of the act after the crash).
Speak to her and she will offer you to teleport you to the Demon's home plane. You can walk through the plane with Malady where you will find some strange candles. After revealing what they are she will advise you to snuff them out to weaken the demon. Any water will work. You can also cast Spirit Vision and "talk" to the candles and to learn more. You will then get an option to snuff them out directly (without water).
Be aware: If you have Lohse as a companion in your party, she will snuff out the candles, as she wants to be free. Playing her yourself, you have all the choices.
Snuffing out all the candles reduces the HP, armor and resistances of the demon by 50%, but he will still be a tough fight earning you now less XP as he will not spawn demon minions.
Malady offers to teleport you out at the end or you can leave using the portal. After leaving, with or without snuffing out the candles, continue your way to the doctor.
- Loot the trapped ornate chest before leaving.
- only if Lohse snuffs out the candles, the party gains 19,400XP for each of the first two candles
- Snuffing out all candles grants an additional 58,175XP and a choice of legendary quality loot (after teleporting out).
- Snuffing out all candles also kills several citizen in the city. The richest dead body is probably the cook in the kitches of the Ros estate,
- Leaving early or not entering ends this quest without rewards.