Target ally enters Cryogenic Stasis. Though incapacitated, they become immune to all damage, and heal over time. Removes Shackles Of Pain.
Set Permafrost for 1 Turn(s)
Restore [150% of total heal value] Vitality when Permafrost wears off
Requires Hydrosophist 2
Cryogenic Stasis is a Hydrosophist Skill in Divinity Orginal Sin 2.
Cryogenic Stasis location
- Available starting from level 9
- Trader Bree at Driftwood (Reaper's Coast)
- Almira at Paradise Downs (Reaper's Coast), Lady Vengeance (Reaper's Coast, Nameless Isle), Hall of Echoes (Arx)
- Elf Stormchanter at Reaper's Coast elf camp
- Trayde the Merchant at Temple of Tir-Cendelius (Nameless Isle)
- Lizard Dreamer at Wordless' Black Ring camp (Nameless Isle)
- Trader Friel at Arx
- Trader Aravae at Arx
Cryogenic Stasis effects
- Scroll cannot be crafted
- Scales with level and Hydrosophist
- Provides +100% resistances to all, including Physical and Piercing
- Can only target allies
- Also heals undead
- Is affected by range bonuses (Far Out Man, Farsight)
- Grants immunity to Burning, Stunned, Poisoned, Charmed, Terrified, Bleeding, Petrified, Taunted, Sleeping, Mad, Shocked and Shackles of Pain for the duration of Permafrost
Cryogenic Stasis trivia & strategies
- Cryogenic Stasis heals Undead instead of damaging them, removes Shackles Of Pain as of Patch v18.104.22.1686
- If a character gets decaying while permafrosted, they will most likely be insta-killed once it expires
- As Cryogenic Stasis "only" gives +100% resistances to all, permafrosted characters may still be damaged if they somehow have bad resistances, like if Nullified Resistances
- A permafrosted character can be turned into a chicken, but they will still receive the healing
- One of the only two skills that can cleanse Shackles of Pain, the other one being Break the Shackles, which is only available for Sebille
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
False advertising. If you teleport an NPC with Permafrost, they still take damage.
You could charm and enemy, use Cryiogenic Stasis + Decay and you will kill him instantly.
looks like it synergizes well with decaying touch
man, having some asshat undead us gag order on a character this has been used on and doing damage is just really great. working as intended.
Does this skill restore armor as well?
A very handy skill when you have to save certain NPCs.
And you can use it on ally (future enemies) while talking so they lose their turn
I was tbh just browsing the shops and picked this up on my support summoner and thought "well, this might come in handy." It literally saved Gwydian's life in the Blackpits fight because it stopped him from just doing laps in the necrofire and killing himself, and also helped Fane. YES, it DOES heal undead. Fane recovers HP like every other unit I cast this on.
Where can you find/craft this skill?
A nice use of this skill is on characters with lots of auras. Run into the middle of a fight and buff up with stuff like Mend Metal, Soothing Cold, Venomous Aura, Firebrand, Vampiric Aura and Master of Sparks. Then just pop this and become invulnerable while your ultra-buffed party cleans house. Works especially well as a summoner since you create more buff targets and still have control over your main summon even when in stasis. Combine with Play Dead and Chameleon Cloak and become an invincible untargetable buff machine.
When you discover what you can do with this one the game becomes easier.
Does not give true damage immunity, but +100% resistance to all damage types (including piercing) and most statuses.
Does not protect against burning or Necrofire, which will not remove Permafrost but can lower your resistance enough to make you vulnerable to fire damage. Also does not prevent damage from Shackles of Pain.
If you're immune to damage does this heal undead or just do nothing?