Dallis the Hammer is a major NPC in Divinity: Original Sin 2 (DOS2).
- WARNING: THIS PAGE CONTAINS STORY SPOILERS -
Dallis the Hammer information
- Dallis is the leader of the Divine Order and the main antagonist for much of the game. She repeatedly attempts to kill the player and their party, along with all other Godwoken she comes across, and is unapologetic in her quest for genocide against the Sourcerers.
- She first appears at the entrance to the Fort Joy Ghetto, conversing with Alexandar and Magister Atusa over the latter's subversion of the Magister cause. Regardless of your dialogue choices, Atusa will always be purged and turned into a pile of goop at the end of the conversation.
- She can be encountered a second time after the player's party have joined the Seekers on the captured Lady Vengeance. Shortly after setting sail the ship is attacked by Dallis and her subordinate the Hooded Figure, later revealed to be named Vredeman. She will order her monks and gheists to kill Malady in an attempt to prevent the player from escaping and learning any more about their supposed Godwoken status.
- Dallis is absent for all of Act II, but evidence of her activities on Reaper's Coast remains. White Magisters - Magisters who wear garb similar to that of Dallis' own - can be found throughout this area, as well as notes to, from and about Dallis regarding the progress of Magister objectives.
- Dallis returns in Act III, invading the Arena of the One, destroying the Well of Ascension and using the Aeteran to absorb all of the Source contained within it. She comments on how persistent and annoying the Godwoken are to have gotten this farm before fleeing once again having prevented any kind of ascension from happening.
- In Act IV in Arx, Dallis is once again present and becomes the main quest of the final chapter. She's found beyond the Line of Anguish - a lethal puzzle inside of Lucian the Divine's crypt - speaking with (the now revealed to be alive) Lucian and her subordinates. You will be able to speak with her here and learn more of her plight and reasoning behind her cruelty. Depending on your choices, you can either ally with Lucian and herself (choose to be purged) or remain enemies. In either case, a battle will start shortly after the conversation finishes.
- Through the conversation in Act IV, she reveals herself as Fane's biological daughter - she is also an undead Eternal wearing a Mask of the Shapeshifter, having murdered the original Dallis and taken her place many years ago. Locked in a tomb very similar to Fane's own, she was left to rot for a millenia before finally breaking free, much like Fane had done. She holds great contempt for her father, believing he willfully chose to ignore her, leaving her trapped in pursuit of his own goals.
- Dallis can take on a dragon form, which can be revealed either when fighting her at Fort Joy or in the final battle in Arx. At Fort Joy, she will turn into a dragon and flee from combat with Alexandar when her health drops below ~30%. In the final battle, she will morph into a dragon after the fight escalates into one that will decide the fate of Rivellon.
Dallis the Hammer location
- Dallis first appears in Fort Joy Ghetto.
- Appears during the quest Lady o' War.
- Appears in the Nameless Isle inside the Arena of the One.
- Appears in the final fight in Arx.
Notes and Tips
- Dallis can be fought in Fort Joy while conversing with Alexandar, where - once her health reaches a certain threshold (roughly 1/3), she will flee and drop The Reckoning.
- She can be fought and defeated a second time on the Lady Vengeance, during the boarding sequence in defence of Malady. Radiant Aegis and the Blazing Justice will be on the deck of the ship when arriving in the Hall of Echoes after the fight.
- Drops 'The Judge' and 'The Executioner' when defeated for a third time
- If she is attacked after Alexander leaves (in Fort Joy (and he does not join the fight)), there's a chance the game can soft-lock.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!