Eithne is a NPC in Divinity: Original Sin 2.
- An undead librarian seeking a particular hybrid skillbook. Talking with Eithne and convincing her you are not black ring grants quest Eithne the Trader.
- Eithne will confront you upon your first meeting regarding your allegiances. Telling her that you side with the black ring will cause her to attack you.
- As a trader, she sells necromancy and summoning skillbooks. Combining a pyromancy skillbook with one of the necromancy books you buy off her will get you the book she needs.
- Eithne first appears in Cloisterwood at Reaper's Coast
Notes and Tips
- For maximum XP gain and loot:
1. Give Eithne what she needs (a Corpse Explosion book). Completing the quest will grant 14k exp.
2. Eithne will walk towards the graveyard, teleporting after a short distance. If you attack and kill her before she vanishes, you can net another 14k exp and close the quest without returning to the graveyard.
- If Eithne receives the book, her corpse can be found with a note and a small amount of loot at the Stonegarden Graveyard, inside an open coffin. This will close her quest.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Came here in order to find out why she wouldn't accept "Mass Corpse Explosion" as a solution for her problem. Turns out the devs didn't consider this option ...
Well, gotta find a tiny brother of this one, now :P
Only got 7.5k xp for killing her right after giving her the book
After you gave her the book she wanted, she wanders off to kill herself, her corpse and some loots can be found in the Stonegarden. You meet her spirit later at the Magister's barrack chamber in Arx city.
Ethane's corpse can be found in the mausoleum on the left of Andras the necromancer dog
Tried step 2 multiple times on PS4 — DE. No bueno, her corpse disappeared every time she died. Also, the exp for killing her is only 7.5k or 7.4k now. So I let her go instead, not sure if finding her body in the graveyard will yield exp since I haven’t entered the cemetery yet. But loot wise, there didn’t seem to be a tangible benefit to killing her anymore — it’s either a glitch, or a recent patch ensured players could no longer benefit from giving her the skill book and then killing her. I’ve tried killing her with teleport, regular melee attacks, fireball, sky shot, regular crossbow attack, infect, electric discharge, and from both sides she can leave through (North towards Hannag or Southeast through the vegetation, which depends on where she’s standing when you turn in the quest). Her corpse always disappeared, maybe this glitch triggers when you accept the quest the first time, or based on the discussion option (I didn’t pick “let me look through my rucksack”). There’s so many glitches in this game, so I can’t assert this is always the case, just as I can’t assert Peeper will never come back — he just hasn’t come back to me yet. I hate you Peeper, why did you have to walk down those stairs?!?