Escape from Fort Joy
|Previous Quest||Troubled Waters|
Escape from Fort Joy is a Quest in Divinity: Original Sin II and it is formerly known as The Escape and Fort Joy.
For location Fort Joy, click here.
This quest is automatically acquired at the start of Chapter II.
- Find a way to escape Fort Joy.
- There are multiple ways to escape Fort Joy:
- The straightforward way is to kill the 4 magisters at the gate, pick up the key, make your way inside the fort, then you can fight your way out. If you choose to go north once inside the gates, you can meet a paladin near the port who is also fighting magisters. You will find yourself at the beach, on the other side of the coast.
- Get into the prison by either letting yourself get caught by removing your collar and being seen by a magister (The Arena of Fort Joy), or through the ancient tunnel (learn the location by completing The Imprisoned Elf), or through the quest Withermoore's Soul Jar (not needed to find the tunnel).
- You can also use the Gloves of Teleportation acquired from the quest The Teleporter to teleport one of your party members to the second level of Fort Joy (south of the gate guarded by 4 magisters). Push the ladder down and sneak into the fort. You can then make your way to a lower floor to the prison. There you can find an enemy called Kniles the Flenser. Kill him and use the key on his body to open the gate to the sewer. You can escape Fort Joy through this sewer.
- Alternatively, you can give Atusa's Leg to Kniles if you have it on your person when speaking to him. He will ignore you after that, avoiding the battle. The way forward through the pipe is open afterwords.
- You can also teleport down next to where you first found Fane. There on the beach (underneath the treasure chest which you can teleport to yourself) is an entrance into the Dungeon level of Fort Joy.
- If you're having trouble with Kniles, and you are inside the prison, you can climb up the stairs that take you to the ground floor of the fort. Note: in the large adjacent room, there are High Judge Orivand and 4 magisters performing a ritual on a sourcerer. You can sneak along the side of the upper floor and reach the broken wall in the back, from where you can climb a ladder down to freedom. You can also fight the magisters but they may prove a challenge.
- Close to Flenser's Playground in the prison, you can also find two magisters threatening a kid, defeat them so you can escape with a boat. You can either fight those magisters, or if you have saved Delorus, you can avoid fighting them. Say Madam Zoor sent you but do not mention Delorus.
Tips & Tricks
- Talk to everyone. In most cases it's the only way to move the story forward.
- There is a letter in Dallis' room, which is behind the locked door near the ladder in Fort Joy Ghetto that you must kick down (you need the Gloves of Teleportation to get to it), that will tell you about the Seekers (a group helping people escape Fort Joy).
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
I actually walked out of the gate the first time. Then got back, and cleared all the exits for the experience.
Take notice in order to get the cat companion, you need to kill al the magisters in the great hall and go out of the window.
Just started playing this game and OMG! Found Han the Ferry boy early and thought “now I can leave this godforsaken place!” But something nudged to explore a little more and wow, THERE’S SO MUCH TO EXPLORE!
Additionally, if you made ot through the cell you should crack open the door on the left to unlock the waypoint and get back your party.
Escaping trough sewers or with the boat gives 14400 XP. If you fight the two guys next to the boat you get 800 XP for each.
none of this was helpful at all how do i get out of the frigging cell
What quests must be completed prior to this one or else be locked out from progressing.
Could you please add in mention of the XP rewards for completing the quests.
Could you please add in mention of teh cost of XP for completing the quests