Experience is one of the characters' Attributes in Divinity Original Sin 2.
Experience can be gained by:
- Completing quests.
- Exploring new areas.
- Killing things.
- Earning enough experience grants a higher level for the character.
- Recruited characters instantly gain the same amount of experience as its recruiter.
- In general, all characters in a party always have the same amount of experience, but there are known issues with this.
- There is no level cap.
In order to complete the game at high difficulty, it is advised that the average party level...
- ...when escaping Fort Joy Island is at least level 7.
- ...when leaving Reaper's Coast is at least level 14.
- ...when leaving the Nameless Isle is at least level 17.
- ...during the final fight in Arx is at least level 20.
- Non-player characters have a fixed level. Their level will not change during that chapter.
- Looted equipment also has a fixed level, with the exception of equipment looted with Lucky Charm - these scale with the party level.
- Vendors restock their wares when the party levels up, to sell higher-leveled equipment.
- Crafted equipment is the same level as the character who crafted it.
- When a character levels up, they regain all their Vitality, which is insanely useful during combat.
[Please to fill in the required exp. to level up per level and difficulty]