Gawin is an NPC level 2 in Divinity: Original Sin 2 (DOS2).
- Gawin first appears in Fort Joy Ghetto near coordinates (X:184 Y:168)
- When a player first approaches Gawin he will converse with them (Choose options stating you are alone). He will inform the player of a way out of Fort Joy, for which he must first obtain the Teleportation gloves from nearby Crocodiles (marked on the map). Once they are obtained he will run out of the gate in Fort Joy (the one you entered through) and go east to a cliffside. The player will be able to teleport him across the chasm, or drop him into the sand bar below. Either way he will betray you and leave alone. His body can be found later, unless you follow him and defend him.
- If he's dropped in the sand bar he can be found dead by Kniles' pets.
- If he's dropped on the docks, the magisters located there will kill him. However if you have cleared this area before teleporting him, his body can be found later in the marshes, to the east from the burning pigs. (X:478 Y:164) (Hollow Marshes, Voidwoken Deep-dweller fight). He dies in that spot, even if there are no enemies. If you have not cleared the area before, there's still a possibility you can still arrive there before he is killed. You can save him on that fight (Silent monks, Archers and Magisters targeting him, you can Fortify and Arrmour of Frost him to keep him alive), but it will not trigger a dialog, and upon finishing the fight he will still run to the aforementioned spot and suddenly die, you can see it if you run behind him.
- Be aware; once you have teleported him you will not be able to buy his Aerothuerge books, as he will likely be dead. It is advised you buy/pickpocket the books you need before completed his quest. But also before being teleported he can be killed to retrieve the books as well.
- He has a unique robe that increases Aerothuerge by +1; You can loot it off him if he perishes.