Set Chilled on enemies around you and deal 50% Water Damage. Freeze all susceptible surfaces.
Set Chilled for 3 turn(s).
Damage is based on your level and receives a bonus from Intelligence.
Requires Hydrosophist 2
Global Cooling is a Hydrosophist Skill in Divinity Original Sin 2.
Global Cooling location
- Available starting from level 9
- Trader Bree at Driftwood (Reaper's Coast)
- Almira at Paradise Downs (Reaper's Coast), Lady Vengeance (Reaper's Coast, Nameless Isle), Hall of Echoes (Arx)
- Elf Stormchanter at Reaper's Coast elf camp
- Trayde the Merchant at Temple of Tir-Cendelius (Nameless Isle)
- Lizard Dreamer at Wordless' Black Ring camp (Nameless Isle)
- Trader Friel at Arx
- Trader Aravae at Arx
- Racht Muvora (chest, Reaper's Coast)
Global Cooling effects
- Scroll cannot be crafted
- Resisted by Magical Armour
- Range 13m
- Scales with level, intelligence and Hydrosophist
- Only hits enemies
- Is not affected by range bonuses (Far Out Man, Farsight)
- Cannot be deflected
Global Cooling trivia & strategies
- Due to its huge AoE, can be used to reveal invisible characters, excluding allies
- Very useful when combined with Ice Breaker. Add Rain, and you make it targetable
Global Cooling builds
Divinity Original Sin 2 Builds: Glacial Guardian
Divinity Original Sin 2 Builds: Tidalist
Divinity Original Sin 2 Builds: Terramancer
Divinity Original Sin 2 Builds: Druid
Divinity Original Sin 2 Builds: Frost Paladin
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
One important thing to note is that, as the description says the chilled effect hits first and then deals damage. So if an enemy has only 1 point of magic armor, and gets hit by the spell, he wont get chilled.
Does Global Cooling get high ground bonus? The UI doesn't say.
Can you get global cooling in fort joy before driftwood
Rain, Global Cooling, Ice Breaker. Like that fuken Djin from the lamp.
Just as the rain spell it removes invisibility on nasty assassins !
I cannot find this spell on Trader Bree. I have Hydrosophist at 5. How do I find the spell?
It will also immediately remove all fire surfaces (except necrofire) within it's range and line of sight. Pretty convenient indeed.
This skill is insane. Damage, 3 turn chill and freezing everything, all for 1 AP and on a 3 turn cooldown. So good.