Grebb the Scholar is a Quest in Divinity: Original Sin II, Act II. In Definitive Edition, it is no longer an actual quest — does not appear in the Quest Log nor does it grant experience — although the dialogue options and herb rewards are still present.
- Consume three different Void-tainted fish, each with a different character, then speak to Grebb with a fourth character.
- In the Driftwood fishery (X:300 Y:90), Grebb is researching Void-tainted fish. If you agree to eating them for his observations, he will give your party 4,000XP for each fish for a total of 12,000XP per character and some items.
- In Definitive Edition of the game, however, he will not give any XP.
- He will give you a choice among Void-tainted Crimson Bream, Void-tainted Yellow Ridgeback, and Void-tainted Umber Monkfish. Once eaten, your character will suffer food poisoning for a few turns, but nothing life-threatening.
- He will then give a herb mix depending on what fish you've eaten — Ferocity herb mix for the Bream, Alertness for the Ridgeback, and Enlightenment for the Monkfish — and recommends you combine each herb mix with their respective Void-tainted fish to create more potent versions.
- If you have a full party but one or more of your characters have caused hostilities with Grebb or any of the other dwarfs in the fishery, they won't be able to contribute to the quest. Be careful not to antagonize any of the dwarfs through conversation.
- Hired characters may be used to finish this quest if you do not have a full party.
- Changing forms using the Mask of the Shapeshifter will count as you being a different character and can be used to finish this quest.
- The herb mixes are used with the Dreamer Pipe in Effie's Emporium, giving long-lasting buffs (100 turns comparing to 50 turns with ordinary mixes which you can buy from Effie).
- Killing Grebb awards 2,000 experience (tested in Definitive Edition).