Grebb the Scholar is a Quest in Divinity: Original Sin II, Act II.
- Consume three different Void-tainted fish, each with a different character.
- In the Driftwood fishery, Grebb is researching Void-tainted fish. If you agree to eating them for his observations, he will give your party 4,000 EXP for each fish for a total of 12,000 EXP per character and some items.
- He will give you a choice among Void-tainted Crimson Bream, Void-tainted Yellow Ridgeback, and Void-tainted Umber Monkfish. Once eaten, your character will suffer food poisoning for a few turns, but nothing life-threatening.
- He will then give an herb mix depending on what fish you've eaten — Ferocity herb mix for the Bream, Alertness for the Ridgeback, and Enlightenment for the Monkfish — and recommends you combine each herb mix with their respective Void-tainted fish to create more potent versions.
- Warning: Although only one character can eat one of the three fishes meaning three different characters, the quest will only be closed after a fourth character speaks with Grebb and acknowledges that there are no more fish to eat.
- If you have a full party but one or more of your characters have caused hostilities with Grebb or any of the other dwarves in the fishery, they won't be able to contribute to the quest. Be careful not to antagonize any of the dwarves through conversation.
- Hired characters may be used to finish this quest if you do not have a full party.
- Changing forms using the Mask of the Shapeshifter will count as you being a different character and can be used to finish this quest.
- The herb mixes are used with the Dreamer Pipe in Effie's Emporium, giving long-lasting buffs.