Icicles fall from the sky, chilling enemies and dealing 40% water damage. They create Ice surfaces where they hit the ground.
Set Chilled for 2 turn(s).
Damages is based on your level and receives bonus from Intelligence.
Requires Hydrosophist 1
Hail Strike is a Hydrosophist Skill in Divinity Original Sin 2.
Hail Strike location
- Available from the start
- Rezik at Fort Joy Ghetto (Fort Joy)
- Simone at Sanctuary of Amadia (Fort Joy), Lady Vengeance
- Trader Bree at Driftwood (Reaper's Coast)
- Almira at Paradise Downs (Reaper's Coast), Lady Vengeance (Reaper's Coast, Nameless Isle), Hall of Echoes (Arx)
- Elf Stormchanter at Reaper's Coast elf camp
- Trayde the Merchant at Temple of Tir-Cendelius (Nameless Isle)
- Lizard Dreamer at Wordless' Black Ring camp (Nameless Isle)
- Trader Friel at Arx
- Trader Aravae at Arx
Hail Strike effects
- Scroll crafted by combining Sheet of Paper, High Quality or Alien Water Essence, and Chub Fish
- Resisted by Magical Armour
- Scales with level, intelligence and Hydrosophist
- Can be deflected
- Is affected by range bonuses (Far Out Man, Farsight)
Hail Strike trivia & strategies
- Can freeze targets easily. If target is chilled or wet, requires only one shard; if target has no status effects affecting Frozen status, needs two shards; if target has Warm, will require all three shards to hit; if target is Burning, will not freeze the target even if all shards hit
Hail Strike builds
Divinity Original Sin 2 Builds: Glacial Guardian
Divinity Original Sin 2 Builds: Tidalist
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Seems pretty weak and costs 3 ap? I think this is only good for a dedicated Cryomancer....If you are a healer who wants some ice magic there are better skills like Ice Fan or Winter Blast.
Press 'O' for a topdown view to make it easy to hit with all 3 icicles
Each Icicle applies Chill Status and they slightly overlap between each other, so if you aim properly and position your enemy in the overlapping zone of the reticule, it gets hits by 2 icicles therefore ends up Frozen (Chill+Chill=Frozen). This is valid only once Magical Armor has been broken.
Not just enemies, hit all targets!