High Judge Orivand is an NPC in Divinity: Original Sin 2.
High Judge Orivand information:
- High Judge Orivand is the Magister overseer of Fort Joy, and is first heard of in the ending cutscene to the ship tutorial sequence, signing off a message to Dallis. He can be found in the main castle area holding court, sentencing an Elf woman to be purged.
- Orivand is assisting Dallis in turning Sourcerers into Silent Monks through the use of Purging Wands, beliving it to be a noble and selfless sacrifice on the part of the "willing" Sourcerers.
- When you first encounter him you will be pulled into dialogue with him and the Magisters holding court, where he will demonstrate the effects of the Purging Wand on the Elf woman in the centre of the room. No matter your dialogue choices, it will always lead to combat with Orivand, his court, and the newly converted prisoner.
- Despite using the Purge spell on the prisoner, he does not use nor drop a Purging Wand on death, instead opting to use a large two-handed hammer, which will drop as a unique item when he dies.
- Orivand possesses the Blitz Attack and Phoenix Dive skills.
High Judge Orivand location
- High Judge Orivand first appears on the ground floor of Fort Joy, inside the main castle building.
Notes and Tips
- Attacking Orivand and starting a fight before intiating dialogue will immediately cause the Elf prisoner to be purged, and the battle to continue as if he had purged her while speaking to the player.
- The two Magister Swordsman in the centre of the room will struggle to reach characters on the upper walkways, rendering them almost useless if the player's party remains up high. They do however have access to the Bouncing Shield skill.
- The Magister Pyromancer and Magister Cryomancer behind Orivand possess Haste and Searing Daggers, and Frost Armour and Ice Shard respectively. They otherwise attack by meleeing with their staff or casting Staff of Magus.
- It's possible to sneak around him across the walk ways and leave the fort through an exit blocked by barrels and crates, just behind the Pyromancer.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!