High Judge Orivand is an NPC in Divinity: Original Sin 2.
High Judge Orivand information:
- High Judge Orivand is the Magister overseer of Fort Joy, and is first heard of in the ending cutscene to the ship tutorial sequence, signing off a message to Dallis. He can be found in the main castle area holding court, sentencing an Elf woman to be purged.
- Orivand is assisting Dallis in turning Sourcerers into Silent Monks through the use of Purging Wands, beliving it to be a noble and selfless sacrifice on the part of the "willing" Sourcerers.
- When you first encounter him you will be pulled into dialogue with him and the Magisters holding court, where he will demonstrate the effects of the Purging Wand on the Elf woman in the centre of the room. No matter your dialogue choices, it will always lead to combat with Orivand, his court, and the newly converted prisoner.
- Despite using the Purge spell on the prisoner, he does not use nor drop a Purging Wand on death, instead opting to use a large two-handed hammer, which will drop as a unique item when he dies.
- Orivand possesses the Blitz Attack and Phoenix Dive skills.
High Judge Orivand location
- High Judge Orivand first appears on the ground floor of Fort Joy, inside the main castle building.
Notes and Tips
- Attacking Orivand and starting a fight before intiating dialogue will immediately cause the Elf prisoner to be purged, and the battle to continue as if he had purged her while speaking to the player.
- The two Magister Swordsman in the centre of the room will struggle to reach characters on the upper walkways, rendering them almost useless if the player's party remains up high. They do however have access to the Bouncing Shield skill.
- The Magister Pyromancer and Magister Cryomancer behind Orivand possess Haste and Searing Daggers, and Frost Armour and Ice Shard respectively. They otherwise attack by meleeing with their staff or casting Staff of Magus.
- It's possible to sneak around him across the walk ways and leave the fort through an exit blocked by barrels and crates, just behind the Pyromancer.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
for anyone still trying to save the elf women
i believe it cannot be done, she transforming into zombie is scripted.
it dosent matter if you teleport her out of the whole castle or try to directly nuke Orivand with a death fog barrel, the elf lady stil dies. if you go of the latter option, you find youself a High Juge capable of withstanding a whole round of death fog and finish his duty before he dies.
Ok, I've tried different things now and whenever I reach the room where Orivand is sentencing the woman, there is no dialogue, I enter, a guard sees me, yells at me and the fight starts. My problem is: Where is the dialogue with Orivand, I remember having a entire conversation with him before he transformed the woman into a zombie and then fight him. It may be something small and irrelevant to the progression of the game, but I really liked that sequence, I don't know what I'm doing different with this playthroughs but the fight starts immediately. Anyone knows why is that?
PS: I still have my collar and have not left the prison yet.
can sombody tell me how the black cat familiar upgrade works? in the notes stands that ''the cat will express gratitude for reuniting it with its previous owner and upgrade the Swap Places skill, allowing it to swap places with any member of your party'' but everytime when i use the skill and enter the room, nothing happens. same when i enter the room and the dialoge starts, nothing happens. after that the fight begins and i summon the cat and still nothing happend.
the prisoner cannot be saved. i teleported him out of line of sight (stealth close to him to the next room behind 2 walls..) before combat started.
and the second combat started (before anyone started playing) , the prisoner was converted.
through Sneaking, Cloak and Dagger, and piercing skills such as Sawtooth Blade, it IS possible to deal damage to him before combat begins, however he will still turn the prisoner immediately after taking damager, even if he would be reduced to 0 HP
I killed him and he dropped a severed arm, but eating it (elf) gave me no memories. Bug?
Killed him today. Dropped his big mace but not the wand - pity, i was hoping to turn magisters..