Sets off a chain reaction that causes ice areas to explode into water puddles, dealing 250% Water Damage [Attribute-independent] and setting Chilled.
1 Memory slot(s)
Requires Hydrosophist 3
Ice Breaker is a Hydrosophist Skill in Divinity Orginal Sin 2.
Ice Breaker location
- Available starting from level 16
- Trader Bree at Driftwood (Reaper's Coast)
- Almira at Paradise Downs (Reaper's Coast), Lady Vengeance (Reaper's Coast, Nameless Isle), Hall of Echoes (Arx)
- Elf Stormchanter at Reaper's Coast elf camp
- Trayde the Merchant at Temple of Tir-Cendelius (Nameless Isle)
- Lizard Dreamer at Wordless' Black Ring camp (Nameless Isle)
- Trader Friel at Arx
- Trader Aravae at Arx
- Shattergrasp (wand, Arx)
Ice Breaker effects
- Scroll cannot be crafted
- Resisted by Magical Armour
- Range 13m
- Scales with level and Hydrosophist (Does not scale with Intelligence)
- Is not affected by range bonuses (Far Out Man, Farsight)
- Hits all characters, including allies
- Doesn't remove Frozen
- Cannot be deflected
Ice Breaker trivia & strategies
- Scales with the attribute-independent damage table.
- Deals a lot of damage, but can be hazardous to use as it damages the caster and their allies, too
- Combining with Rain and Global Cooling makes it more targetable
Ice Breaker builds
Divinity Original Sin 2 Builds: Glacial Guardian
Divinity Original Sin 2 Builds: Tidalist
Divinity Original Sin 2 Builds: Frost Paladin
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
This is fine on an archer if you use frozen arrows
It can set chill, but it cannot apply Frozen, even on chilled enemies.
The damage seems the same with Winter Blast. I'd do the combo in 1. Jump in 1AP; 2. Rain 1AP; 3. Global Cooling 1AP; 4. Cryotherapy(optional but recommended) 1AP; 5. Ice Breaker 1AP. 5AP damage is far less than pyro spells combo but it covers large area and freezes enemies if the damage is higher than their magic armor. It would be ideal for fire immune enemies or enemies with weak magic armor but have high vitality.
When creating huge ice fields around yourself to hit enemies, consider using Cryotherapy before using this spell to avoid damage.
Wait a second does anyone else notice that it deals 450% damage? Idk if that’s correct, but that’s not up to me for assumptions.
Sold by Bree in latest patch of DE.
Almira and Bree don't seem to sell the scroll in DE
Bought from trader at lv 17. Combo of this skill use by NPC is : Rain > Global Cooling > Ice Breaker . (Deal 600 +/- damage to my team per person)
How do you make the scroll?
no bonus from intelligence, only Hydrosophist
Does this affect frozen blood?
This, like all other skill level three, non source skills is available on vendors at character level 16
this spell is in the game, duno why anyone would say it isnt. its actually super powerfull aswell, does more damage than any other hydro skills bar the source spells
nope this skill exists for real
is this here to troll lol
I`m pretty sure, that this spell is not in the game..