Target 3 positions and shoot an ice shard at each one, dealing 45% Water Damage and making targets Chilled.
Set Chilled for 1 turn(s).
Damage is based on your level and receives a bonus from Intelligence.
Requires Hydrosophist 2
Ice Fan is a Hydrosophist Skill in Divinity Orginal Sin 2.
Ice Fan location
- Available starting from level 4
- Rezik at Fort Joy Ghetto (Fort Joy)
- Simone at Sanctuary of Amadia (Fort Joy), Lady Vengeance
- Trader Bree at Driftwood (Reaper's Coast)
- Almira at Paradise Downs (Reaper's Coast), Lady Vengeance (Reaper's Coast, Nameless Isle), Hall of Echoes (Arx)
- Elf Stormchanter at Reaper's Coast elf camp
- Trayde the Merchant at Temple of Tir-Cendelius (Nameless Isle)
- Lizard Dreamer at Wordless' Black Ring camp (Nameless Isle)
- Trader Friel at Arx
- Trader Aravae at Arx
Ice Fan effects
- Scroll cannot be crafted, but can be found around the world and vendors fairly frequently
- Scroll costs 2 AP to use
- Resisted by Magical Armour
- AoE radius 2m
- Scales with level, intelligence and Hydrosophist
- Creates ice surfaces in the AoEs of each shard
- Is affected by range bonuses (Far Out Man, Farsight)
- Can be deflected if projectile hits the 1m AoE of Deflective Barrier
Ice Fan trivia & strategies
- Can freeze targets easily. If target is chilled or wet, requires only one shard; if target has no status effects affecting Frozen status, needs two shards; if target has Warm, will require all three shards to hit; if target is Burning, will not freeze the target even if all shards hit
Ice Fan builds
Divinity Original Sin 2 Builds: Glacial Guardian
Divinity Original Sin 2 Builds: Tidalist
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Seems a bit bugged to me. I've shot all three shards at single enemies without armour (tried on enemies already chilled or "neutral") and they still end up only chilled. Shot a single shard on a chilled enemy and they turned frozen. Only bugged or is there some explanation?
Also, Ice Fan will allow you to set Chilled Status on a burning ennemy.
A regular "1 hit" Hydro Spell that would mention "Sets Chilled" if casted on a Burning enemy, would only reduce the Burning Status to Warm Status. But because Ice Fan is a "3 hits" spell, when casted on a Burning enemy, this will happen :
1. Chill replaced Burning by Warm
2. Chill replaced Warm by [Neutral]
3. Chill replaced [Neutral] by Chilled
Reminder : from coldest to hottest, hydro and pyro status effects are :
Frozen < Chilled/Wet < [Neutral] < Warm < Burning
Spells that "set Chilled" will make you go down this line (ignore Wet)
Spells that "set Wet" will make you go down this line until Wet (ignore Chilled and Frozen)
S[ells that "set Burning" will bump a Frozen to Wet, a Chilled/Wet to Warm, a [Neutral] to Burning.
An amazing control skill, very modular. Use 2 fans on same target to freeze them (Chill+Chill=Frozen) and use the remaining fan to chill another target. Or use in combination with Global Cooling to Freeze 3 targets very distant from each other in one turn (Global Cooling AoE Chill 1AP + Ice Fan 3 AP, one fan per target).
All of the above valid once Magical Armor has been broken.
Why does this cost 3 AP when the Pyrokinetic version of the spell costs 2 AP? Seems a bit odd.
damage is too low for 3 AP. Use mainly to create ice surfaces
Deals too little damage for 3 AP. Use this mainly for creating ice surfaces