Deal 155% physical damage. Infect a target with a disease that will spread to other nearby characters. Diseased characters deal reduced damage with all attacks and have lowered Constitution.
Set Infectious Disease for 2 turn(s).
Damage is based on your level and receives bonus from Intelligence.
Requires Necromancer 2
Infect is a Necromancer Skill in Divinity Original Sin 2.
- Available starting from level 4
- Mona at Fort Joy Ghetto (Fort Joy)
- Kerban at Amadia's Sanctuary (Fort Joy)
- Tarquin at Lady Vengeance (Reaper's Coast, Nameless Isle), Stonegarden Graveyards (Reaper's Coast), Hall of Echoes (Arx)
- Trader Bree at Driftwood (Reaper's Coast)
- Jahan at Driftwood Fields (Reaper's Coast), Lady Vengeance (Reaper's Coast, Nameless Isle), Arx Outskirts (Arx), Hall of Echoes (Arx)
- Eithne at Cloisterwood (Reaper's Coast)
- Jawbone the Merchant at Temple of Tir-Cendelius (Nameless Isle)
- Black Ring Alchemist at Wordless' Black Ring camp (Nameless Isle)
- Trader Aravae at Arx
- Trader Victor Voss at Arx
- Scroll crafted by combining Sheet of Paper, Shadow Essence, and Intestines
- Resisted by Physical Armour
- Range 13m
- Scales with level, intelligence and Warfare
- Is affected by range bonuses (Far Out Man, Farsight)
- Cannot be deflected
Infect trivia & strategies
- Infect damage increased by 40% as of Patch v126.96.36.1996
- Infectious Disease can spread to allied characters, too, if they have no physical armour
Divinity Original Sin 2 Builds: Occult Flamewielder
Divinity Original Sin 2 Builds: Sanguine Bowman
Divinity Original Sin 2 Builds: Terramancer
Divinity Original Sin 2 Builds: Blood Mage
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Eat garlic + infect = win
Good for bosses and is a decent damage dealer as well. Recommended IMO for parties with more ranged than melee. Doesn't matter if my tank gets infected when I have 3 dps in the back doing their thing.
This skill will pretty much always infect your characters as well, especially if they are Melee. It spreads far and frankly due to how consistently it *****s you over as much as the enemy i dont find it useful.
People seem confused about the debuff of this skill. Let's correct a mistake: it does not heal you nor does it raise HP. It's just a visual effect because of your new max HP value, not a bug. Since 1 point of constitution gives 7% more HP this removes 14% max HP and -35% damage. It is much better than it seems, especially later on when 14% is more than just 10 hp. Since it's contagious use it on ennemies close together with no physical armor. Avoid using it if your target is near one of your characters with no physical armor. It is an easily removed status though so even if you do so it's not too bad.
Thats not the skill. It is the debuff - it works the same, for example, if you use the elven Skill Flesh Sacrifice. If you had been dealt a bit damage, it gets 'healed', since your new constitution level is below the HP you had at this point.
This Skill appears to be bugged. If you Infect an enemy who has previously had damage dealt directly to his Vitality/Health bar, he will actually REGAIN HP up to the new maximum amount of Vitality that is determined by his reduced Constitution level set by the Diseased Status.
*still testing* *level 8*
Intelligence +2min - +2 or 1 max ( lvl17 42-47, to lvl18 44-49, to lvl19 46-50)
Warfare +2min - +2max (lvl1 48-50, to lvl 2 50-52)
Does anyone know if this spreads to ALL characters, or just enemies. And does it affect undead?