Kalias is a NPC in Divinity: Original Sin 2 (DOS2).
- Lizard from the house of war.
- Will give a huge discount (roughly 25-30%) if you use a [Soldier] prompt when first talking to him. Discount applies to everyone afterwards. Will give the same discount if, as a lizard, you tell him you are a part of the house of war.
- Kalias first appears in Caverns, in Act I
Notes and Tips
- He sells a good one handed sword early on: Kalias Stunner. It also drops upon death.
- Sebille has the option to start a fight with him once she finds out he belongs to the house of war.
- Red Prince can also provoke him into a fight by slap him across the snout after accosted by Kalias.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Ive never been able to trade with him in any playthrough. Just ends conversation
Beware- if you kill him you won't find another warfare vendor for a long time (until after you rescue Gareth)
Sebille has an option to provoke him into fighting you, if you need a role playing reason to ice him instead of just going knives out like a psychopath.
Always kill this guy before Alexander, the only ppl i leave alive is Saheila ( Key Story Character ) and her group ( Since they aren't worth any exp ). Also murder all of gareth's friends since they die anyway and are worth more exp. You can't kill any of the children unlike the ancient bioware games so it's pointless. Also left Butter alive just in case. If you kill everyone, kill dhalis mob with deathfog and do every single quest you'll reach level 9 before Alexander fight and encounter some source books and get op legendary***** from the well. You can also exploit some quests for extra exp like the Drunk dude and Slane.
I must have messed something up. I spoke to him, said I was house war, and he wouldn’t talk to me anymore. Then I tried to talk to him with my other party members, Red Prince and Sibelle. We all fought and he was killed. No sword dropped. This was all before coming here.
If you are a lizard, he will ask house you are a part of. If you say war, you get a discount similar to a soldier background.
So Lohse being in my party made me end up attacking everyone in the caverns, halfway through the battle Kalias ran away, leaving the fight. I've looked everywhere but I can't find where he went, I really want his sweet sweet loot.
Interesting feature I found regarding both Hildur's Plate and the Kalias Stunner sword, the level of the armor and weapon are actually based upon what level you are the first time you interact with their shop. I was doing a murder everyone playthrough and I used deathfog to kill the group encounter with Alexander and Dallis at the start of Fort Joy, then I did a couple other things and got to level 4 by the time I interacted with Hildur and Kalias, and both of their unique items were being sold at level 4 instead of level 2 with much stronger stats. I'm not sure if this is intended with every unique item you come across that gets sold in a shop, but this is just something I found interesting to come across.
Provides 500 XP, 3 warfare skillbooks, 3 Resurrect scrolls and some random items (will not drop gold regardless). Does not affect storyline, worth killing before leaving Fort Joy.
Is he there for any other reason besides being a merchant for warfare skills? Worried about going through this playthrough with him dead.
Is it worth to kill him?
150 Gold for max attitude
if you want a better sword than his shocker one for pre-escape from fort joy...
1. Get teleport from the Crocodile boss or from Gawin vender at level 4
2. Teleport across the broken bridge by the beach waypoint
3. Go up the path to the side of the broken bridge to a hill with two dead bodies
4. Pick up "The Viper's Tongue"
When you speak as Sebille/Elf he will trade with you. Red Prince/Lizzard is a bad idea...
He does not like the Red Prince
The Caverns entrance where he is, is a lit cave opening next to Doctor Leste the Polymorph vendor.