Living Wall is a Geomancer Skill in Divinity Original Sin 2.
Living Wall Location
- Available starting from level 16
- Gareth at Lady Vengeance (Reaper's Coast, Nameless Isle), Hall of Echoes (Arx)
- Trader Ovis at Driftwood (Reaper's Coast)
- Almira at Paradise Downs (Reaper's Coast), Lady Vengeance (Reaper's Coast, Nameless Isle), Hall of Echoes (Arx)
- Tovah at Reaper's Coast elf camp
- Priestess of Duna at Temple of Tir-Cendelius (Nameless Isle)
- Black Ring Alchemist at Wordless' Black Ring camp (Nameless Isle)
- Trader Friel at Arx
- Falone Girt (amulet, Arx)
- Greaves of Contamination once the set is complete
Living Wall Effects
- Scroll can be crafted by combining a Sheet of Paper, Alien Earth Essence, and Augmentor
- Is affected by range bonuses (Far Out Man, Farsight), but the wall's max length will stay the same
- Wall's max length is 7m
- Good spell for control, use it to block or trap enemies while the rest of the party can wail on one or two.
Living Wall Trivia & Strategies
- If enemies are blocked by the wall far enough from the player characters, they will not use any jump skills, making this useful to block enemies and attack them from afar
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Seems good on paper, but for some reason you can only get this at level 16, at that point you have plenty of spells to choose from. Teleport comes to mind, it is nice to be able to block out enemies from escape, but many enemies are capable of some form of teleport at that point and at 2 AP you have to ask yourself "Should I use this or give myself haste and peace of mind?" even though it is a fun spell it comes online way too late in the game and overall is too niche to be really good.
I was today years old when I learned the first click sets a post and the second click spans the "wall".. Heeewwwwwwww!!
Is this elemental affinity (poison) affected?
Skeletons and undead heal from poison, so it is useless against undead.
What's the base damage from the poison clouds this skill produces?
Sometimes enemies can simply pass through this wall as if it is not there. It wont block their movement (pathing) at all. I have seen it happen with various enemy types including basic skeletons who definitely have no ability to counter the wall.
The most useless spell in the game. If it blocked vision and was indestructible, it could be worth it. As it stands now, waste of a memory slot.
One of the stranded merchants near paradise towns appears to be selling it
Somewhat limited usefulness, I think. The length is fairly short (a little under the diameter of Whirlwind) and has a defined casting range that isn't affected by elevation boosts. The entire casting line needs to be within line of sight and the wall can't be split if there's an object in the way.
It doesn't block vision, so anything that might be worth blocking off can still attack through it or use movement skills to bypass the wall. And it burns super easily, with the poison clouds igniting and the Burning status ignoring turn order.
Ability from an amulet, acquired from a burning ship "dreadlord" in arx
where to find? Or craft....it is needed Alien Earth Essence...where i can find that(drop maybe)?