Lord Withermoore is a NPC in Divinity: Original Sin 2.
Lord Withermoore information
- Withermoore can be found pinned to a wall by the Spear of Braccus Rex. He can be heard begging for help and when approached asks the player to pull the spear to free him
- After a character with 12+ Strength or 1+ Telekinesis pulls the spear, Withermoore thanks them and asks if they can help him further. This begins the quest Withermoore's Soul Jar.
Lord Withermoore location
- Lord Withermoore is first seen pinned to a wall in the Forgotten Cell. ( X: 486 | Y: 644 )
- The Forgotten Cell is a sub-area of the Caverns, which is a sub-area of the Fort Joy Ghetto.
Notes and Tips
- Any character can remove the spear from Withermoore by using a bedroll to gain the Rested status and using Encourage to increase their strength to 12. This is just enough strength to pull the spear.
- Mody will run away if he sees you fighting Lord Withermoore. Afterwards, when you go back up to the Caverns he will give you a healing potion. He says "You guys are friends, like you and Wither could've been." It is actually a poison potion that's been made to look like a healing potion.
- If you complete his quest, he can show up later inside the tower beyond the Gargoyle Labyrinth. In case you don't have enough source power to remove the seal on the source barrier and interact with it, Lord Withermoore will do it for you as one last good deed, then vanish forever.
- Agreeing to help Withermoore after removing the spear gives you 1200 XP.
- Lord Withermoore gives 200 XP if killed.
- Withermoore's Girdle is a unique belt that Withermoore drops on death.
- Lord Withermoore is the one of only known characters in the game that will remain dead after being killed without destroying their soul jar first.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
But why is he so much larger than the average person
Any character/build in the game can acess the spear:
1 shovel + 1 dinner (any meat cooked at a camping station (cooking pot + campfire on map).
Is the W etched on the belt a reference to SpongeBob and wumbology?
Also Mody will weep for him if you kill him by removing the spear and then play hide and seek with mody
I haven't fully tested this but... Make sure to collect the soul jar and only destroy it in front of him so that his body will remain. From the corpse, you'll get a unique belt with +1 memory. Not the greatest thing, but at least it has a high value for selling.
"A child may technically be alive, but so is a potato... if you understand me." Withermoor's best line. Delivery is perfect.
I don't know what I did wrong however I talked to Withermore and got his quest to destroy his soul jar. I found and destroyed his soul Jar. (He was dead when I went back to check on him, and the kid was crying). However when I made it to Braccus Rex's Tower he would NOT appear and help me open the barrier. Instead I was forced to use a source point. Luckily I had one.