Love has a Price is a Quest in Divinity: Original Sin II. Short description goes here.
- Pay for the prostitute and meet her upstairs
A man named Lovirk at Driftwood tavern promises you something exotic worth trying. If you convince him via speech check or tell him a good joke about talking dogs via the Jester-tagged dialogue options, he will waive the initial fee. You will gain 3000XP for this. After he reveals his non-negotiable exotic fee of 100 gold, he will give you the key to a suite on the 2nd floor.
Use the character and enter the suite alone, then talk to the lizard and spend a night there. You will receive 6000XP. If you refuse the prostitute, you will receive 3000XP and have to try again with another character. The next morning, some thugs will suddenly show up while you are naked, demanding money. If you are Ifan ben-Mezd, the thugs will recognize you and leave. Otherwise, you will have to pay them or fight (your gear is in the burgled backpack on a table next to the bed. If you are playing as the Red Prince, then the lizard you meet will turn into the Red Princess instead. (if you are undead, the prostitute will fight with you.)
Head back down and confront Lovrik, and he will claim he did all these for his daughter. If you ask the cook, you will learn that he's lying, and you will find that he fled while you weren't there. If the cook is dead, then you won't find anything and the quest can't proceed until you kill him. Killing him grants no XP but he has a significant amount of gold on his corpse. If you did kill the thugs and confront Lovrik, you can also spare his life and the quest will conclude rewarding you a final 3000XP (after which you can kill him anyway to get the gold too, though the quest will have already been completed and the log will not update further). If you believe he has a daughter, Lovrik will flee concluding the quest but granting no additional XP.
Bug: If you use The Red Prince to engage in this quest, there is a chance that the quest will hang after the sexual encounter and Lovrik won't have any additional dialogue options for you to progress with the quest. And even if you kill Lovrik, there is a chance that the quest still won't close.
- Swap the key to the suite to a party member that isn't spending the night. This way you'll be able to send in your party at the start of the fight.
- You gain an extra 3000XP if a party member changes their mind about spending the night with Zharah. This will upset the lizard meaning you will have to pay 100 gold to Lovrick again to try again with a new party member. The 3000XP gained only occurs once. You do recieve the normal 6000XP if you chose to sleep with her with another party member.
- Killing the prostitute after sparing her will end the quest.
- Lovrik generally carries over 10,000 Gold on him for you to loot from his corpse.