Love has a Price is a Quest in Divinity: Original Sin II. Short description goes here.
- Zharah (if you choose a female prostitute)/Zharat (if you choose male)
- Pay for the prostitute and meet him/her upstairs
A man named Lovirk at Driftwood tavern promises you 'something exotic' that is worth trying. If you convince him via speech check or tell him a good joke about talking dogs via the Jester-tagged dialogue options, he will waive the initial fee (else, it'll cost 150 gold). You will gain 3000XP for this. After he reveals his non-negotiable exotic fee of 100 gold, he will give you the key to a suite on the 2nd floor.
Use the character and enter the suite alone, then talk to the lizard and spend a night there. You will receive 6000XP. If you refuse the prostitute, you will receive 3000XP and have to try again with another character. The next morning, some thugs (about 5 of them) will suddenly show up while you are naked, demanding money. If you are Ifan ben-Mezd, the thugs will recognize you and leave. Otherwise, you will have to pay them or fight (your gear is in the burgled backpack on a table next to the bed. If you are playing as the Red Prince, then the lizard you meet will turn into the Red Princess instead. (if you are undead, the prostitute will fight with you.)
Head back down and confront Lovrik, and he will claim he did all these for his daughter. If you ask the cook, you will learn that he's lying, and you will find that he fled while you weren't there. If the cook is dead, then you won't find anything and the quest can't proceed until you kill him. Killing him grants no XP but he has a significant amount of gold on his corpse. If you did kill the thugs and confront Lovrik, you can also spare his life and the quest will conclude rewarding you a final 3000XP (after which you can kill him anyway to get the gold too, though the quest will have already been completed and the log will not update further). If you believe he has a daughter, Lovrik will flee concluding the quest but granting no additional XP.
Bug: If you use The Red Prince to engage in this quest, there is a chance that the quest will hang after the sexual encounter and Lovrik won't have any additional dialogue options for you to progress with the quest. And even if you kill Lovrik, there is a chance that the quest still won't close.
- Swap the key to the suite to a party member that isn't spending the night. This way you'll be able to send in your party at the start of the fight.
- You can give your equipment to a party member before the sexual encounter, then return it prior to combat (be sure to re-equip it).
- If you have already found two Teleport Pyramids you can use them to teleport to your party member. (lore friendly).
- You can change your mind about spending the night with Zharah/Zharat. Depending on the dialogue, you can either flee the exotic encounter for 1000XP or anger the lizard courtesan for 3000XP. After which you can talk to the lizard with a new character and pay another 100 gold to Lovrik to try again. So you can gain up to 4000XP this way. And finally 6000XP more when you decide to go through with it.
- If you sleep with Zharah/Zharat as the Red Prince, you will not be robbed or get the experience and this quest will close. This is not recommended if you want the max experience.
- If you sleep with Zharah/Zharat as Ifan, you will have a special dialogue and may avoid the robbery.
- Killing the prostitute will end the quest.
- The prostitute has a soft spot for undead.
- If you lose your gear to the muggers and are unable to kill them you can find it in a "burgled backpack" on a table in Lohar's room.
- While most of the muggers have spell armor, they are generally lacking in physical armor (though it is still unwise to attempt to solo this encounter).
- If you deny the prostitute to the point she/he offers to give you your money back after, then finally takes her/him in, the prostitute will fall for you. You will know because instead of your world explodes, it is her/his world that explodes. After which, she/he will fight along your side.
- The prostitute has a unique level 11 dagger (18-19 damage) which you can pickpocket. She/he can also give you this dagger in the fight if she/he has fallen for you. You will have to appeal for help first.
- If you manage to keep the prostitute alive after killing the thugs, you can choose to go again with him/her, depending on the dialogue. If she's fallen for you or if you are undead, she will go again with you regardless.