Old means Gold is a Quest in Divinity: Original Sin II. Speaking to an antique appraiser, Cat, she asks you for help in obtaining several items from Kemm's vault. Will you assist?
- Speak to Cat the Appraiser.
- Pass her speech check and find out the items she needs.
- Find out how to enter Kemm's secret vault.
- Find all 3 antiques.
- Sell all 3 antiques to Cat.
At the west side of the city of Arx, outside of Lord Kemm's Mansion, there will be some antique traders awaiting a notable appraiser named Cat who is currently inside the mansion. Head inside the mansion and speak to her. If you manage to pass a speech check, she will ask you to find three valuable antiques inside Kemm's Vault. This is very straightforward quest, but may require some points in Wits to spot some hidden wall doors. This quest is best done in conjunction with "The Vault of Linder Kemm".
Inside Kemm's Vault, there are several automatons patrolling around. You can sneak past them or kill them. To successfully kill them, you must weaken them until they become inactive and then use Source Vampirism on them to finish them off. (If you do not, they will simply regenerate and continue fighting you.)
The pictures below detail the locations of the three items required. Each time an item is acquired, you will gain 19,400XP.
1. The Cup of Kings is located in the west side of the area near the dining table on a small table next to an armchair.
2. The Scroll of Eternity will be found lying on top of a bookrest in the east side of the vault.
3. The Painting of the Divine is hanging on the wall in a hidden room east of the scroll.
After you find all three antiques, return to Cat the Appraiser and sell her the antiques to complete the quest by asking her about the curios and saying that you've found them.
Warning: There have been many reports of a bug where attempting to sell her more than one antique at a time will only register one antique total and therefore force the quest to become stuck, so sell her one antique and restart the dialogue each time!
After you sell all three antiques to her, the quest will close and she will disappear.
- 19,400XP upon successfully passing the speech check to get her to talk about the antiques she requires.
- 19,400XP per antique picked up, for a total of 58,200XP for all 3 antiques.
- Some gold for each antique, based on bartering skill and attitude.