Paladin Cork is a NPC in Divinity: Original Sin 2.
Paladin Cork information
- Paladin Cork is a Divine Order Paladin visiting Fort Joy to file a report on the actions of the Magisters. He can be found arguing with Magister Captain Trippel outside the main castle. He was initially accepting of the Magisters' actions, but upon visiting Fort Joy and finding the truth behind Silent Monks and Magister hostility, sides with the Sourcerers and assists them.
- Cork is astonishingly weak for a Paladin. He deals minuscule damage in both sections where you encounter him, and seems to only possess the Shields Up and Phoenix Dive skills.
- If you're able to keep him alive during the fight at Fort Joy, he will reappear in Act 2 of the game and comment on recognising you, but otherwise have no further dialogue.
Paladin Cork location
- Paladin Cork first appears in Fort Joy, then at the Paladin Bridgehead on Reaper's Coast.
Notes and Tips
- He is utterly unreliable in both damage dealing and defending himself or others, so be prepared to babysit him during a fight should you intend to keep him alive.
- Putting focus into killing Captain Trippel and the Magister Archers during Cork's fight can take much of the pressure off of saving him.Teleporting Cork out of harm's way is also an option.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
If you can rescue him (2000 exp), after he having a conversation with you, you can quickly kill him for 800 exp (which is really hard because he will keep running to the pitch), I've done that by teleporting him to somewhere, will make him fall and having a bit time to attack him.
But I think that if I meet him at Reaper's Coast, he will give more exp? Because he will level up I guess?
I came back after finishing all the quest lol he didnt die because i sniped everyone with a crossbow
Easiest way to save him is to teleport him into the locked cell next to the two doorways. You can grab him and put him in there all in one go. Just don't let any enemies enter his line of sight or he will jump out.
Moronic suicidal maniac that does not want to be saved.
its 2000xp if he survives :)
Paladin Cork died in the first battle in Fort Joy in my 2nd play through (tactician) and I received 2000xp for him dying (not by my hands). I kept him alive in my first play through (classic difficulty) but don't recall how much xp I received for him surviving.
for some reason the magisters in the fort and this guy just ignore me when I walk up to them is it because I snuck in through the prison?
Once you approuch him and the Captain arguing. They will attack you and hell intervien on your side. IF hes survives hell head toward the "old harbor on the otherside of hallowmarsh. I havn't check what happens but I won't be surprised if I find his corpse there.
Hope it isn't like Gwain(Telaportation guy) where he is suppose to die and if everything is clear that mage still dies in the swamp for no reason.