Multiple oil-filled rocks erupt from the caster at all enemies in the area. On impact, they create oil surfaces and deal 300% Earth Damage.
Damage is based on your level and receives bonus from your Intelligence .
Requires Geomancer 5
Pyroclastic Eruption is a Geomancer Skill in Divinity Original Sin 2.
Pyroclastic Eruption Location
- Available starting from level 16
- Gareth at Lady Vengeance (Reaper's Coast, Nameless Isle), Hall of Echoes (Arx)
- Trader Ovis at Driftwood (Reaper's Coast)
- Hannag at Cloisterwood (Reaper's Coast)
- Almira at Paradise Downs (Reaper's Coast), Lady Vengeance (Reaper's Coast, Nameless Isle), Hall of Echoes (Arx)
- Tovah at Reaper's Coast elf camp
- Priestess of Duna at Temple of Tir-Cendelius (Nameless Isle)
- Black Ring Alchemist at Wordless' Black Ring camp (Nameless Isle)
- Trader Friel at Arx
Pyroclastic Eruption Effects
- Scroll can be crafted by combining a Sheet of Paper, Source Orb, and Eternal Tablet
- Scales with level, intelligence and Geomancer
- Each rock has a small explosion radius, which can overlap if multiple targets are clustered together. Thus, the total damage potential of this skill scales quadratically with the number of targets.
- Can be deflected, but will not damage the caster or their allies
- Is affected by range bonuses (Far Out Man, Farsight)
Pyroclastic Eruption Trivia & Strategies
- Arguably the strongest 3 source skill
- Bunch up a few targets either by teleporting or nether swapping, and you'll get way too much damage done to all of them, as the AoE of each rock will damage all of them. Extremely useful against end-game bosses
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Without a doubt one of the most powerful spells in the game, with enough geomancy and intelligence you will wipe out anything that is in your way.
Played as a Geomancy Battlemage and everything clicked in when i got my hands on this, first you use apotheosis then pyroclastic eruption, then skin graft and do it again. Of course it is preferable if you buff yourself and have lone wolf.
One of the reason it is so strong is because of the massive range and the ability to target all enemies within that range, seems pretty good right? We forgot to factor in that each projectile is AOE which means that it can overlap itself, 8 enemies around 1 enemy means the middle enemy gets the full damage of all the projectiles, the setup for this is also instant, you don't need 2 turns or Fanes timewarp nor do you need elf sacrifice. Immediate obliteration, insane damage and if it did not work? Skin graft and do it again.
Needless to say I was immensely disappointed when I killed the final boss in a single turn, it's just that strong and if you combo it with all the other busted spells you will play the game on easy mode, essential to anyone who is tired of fighting fair.
This is great for people that have not beat the game before. Once you have beaten the game once or twice, you probably should not use it.
Although I will make an exception. I did a playthrough with a friend and he had an extremely min-max'd ranger build, that was doing insane damage and my rogue/scoundrel could barely contribute. Well, I re-spec'd a bit for the last boss fight (and Adramahlik) and clapped some serious cheeks.
Quieted down his 'Aww you killed your first enemy' talk a bit!
The existence of this skill proves that you need to focus more on finding your own way to have fun rather than finding something powerful in this game. If you focus on more power and dmg, this skill is your destinatoon and all your fights will end in gathering enemies and using this skill to wipe them out. You can end every fights this way.
You've found the meta. It's boring though. DOS2 is horrible if you try to stick with meta so don't. I've ruined my experience and I hope you don't.
This thing is so insanely stupidly strong it boggles the mind... The overlapping hitboxes is what makes it OP, in my opinion. Take that away and you still have an extremely strong spell but it doesn't break the game.
the fact that it can hit multiple time with decent radios makes it op.
If you're wondering how to win this game without this spell - I beat the game before learning this spell - but I did have to use a maxed out CON Beast with suicide bomber to beat tough fights like the Toymaker.
SOFT SPOILERS: I won the final fight in honour mode in one turn by using nether swap/teleportation and skin graft to put everyone close together, got high ground, and then one shot everyone.
I don't how to complete this game without this spell. It solved every tough problem I had.
When I first got this, it did 1126 earth damage.
Where can I find Eternal Tablets? The page doesn't seem to exist.
literally most op skill in game, on 2nd honour mode run considering not even getting it, because most fights can be won in 1 or 2 turns with geomancer and combo of: step 1: get 5 AP (haste buff, create poison puddle with elementalist talent, flesh sacrifice, adrenaline or anything else) step 2: apotheosis + pyroclastic eruption step 3: skin graft + pyroclastic explosion At this point most fights are over with just lightest support by other characters. The only challenging fights are fights where enemies start on high ground and so it's harder to position geomancer to hit all\most with this skill
most powerful skill in game. the thing is that most tought enemies like adramalikh and all of the final fight bosses are all quite vulnerable to earth, so that with pure geomancer it is possible to end this fights literally in one shot with no buffs on tactician without having lone wolf because, as mentioned, enemies that stay close are hit multiple times
Does this spell hit allies around the impacts?