Target a circular area. Until your next turn, you will reflexively shoot at the first three enemies moving within this area.
Set Reactive Shot for 1 Turn(s)
Reactive Shot is a Huntsman Skill in Divinity Original Sin 2.
Reactive Shot location
- Available starting from level 9
- Trader Haran at Driftwood (Reaper's Coast)
- Elven Treewarden at Reaper's Coast elf camp
- Fletcher Corbin Day at Abandoned Sawmill (Reaper's Coast), Lady Vengeance (Reaper's Coast, Nameless Isle), Hall of Echoes (Arx)
- The Lost Knight at Temple of Tir-Cendelius (Nameless Isle)
- Black Ring Reaver at Wordless' Black Ring camp (Nameless Isle)
- Trader Non at Arx
Reactive Shot effects
- Scroll cannot be crafted
- Resisted by Physical Armour
- Need clear line of sight from caster to area for the reactive shot to activate
- Is affected by range bonuses (Far Out Man, Farsight)
- AoE radius 4m
- Scales with level, weapon and finesse (reaction shots are basic attacks)
- Can be deflected (they're basic attacks)
- Can miss (they're basic attacks)
- Can be atrophied
Reactive Shot trivia & strategies
- Forcibly moving an enemy in to the targeted area via Teleportation or Nether Swap immediately triggers an reactive shot attack.
- In the past when this skill was cast by player characters, it appeared to also deal an initial hit to all characters in the area that varied from 100% to 250% weapon damage. This has been patched later on
- In the past, may have not always hit targets that moved inside the area you targeted. This has been since fixed
- Sometimes it might be hazy whether or not you have clear line of sight to the area. One such situation is when the area is almost directly under you
- Even if part of the AoE is blocked by obstacles, the parts that are visible will still activate a reaction shot
- Once you are sure you have a clear line of sight, this skill acts as potentially three hits for just 2 AP. Even if it doesn't activate all three times, it will only go to waste if no one is hit
- You can swap to a Wand after casting this Skill and you will attack with it instead of a Bow. Does not appear to work with melee weapons.
Reactive Shot builds
Divinity Original Sin 2 Builds: Venomous Sentry
Divinity Original Sin 2 Builds: Warden
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
I feel mixed about this skill. My plan was to use it as Ifan who specializes in Geo/Hydro for team buffs. The idea was thus: if I waste action points on buffs, this skill would compensate missed attacks, because in theory this is 3 attacks packed in 1. But the thing is, often times your top 1 priority is using CC on the enemy with the highest initiative and that wastes all your effective AP, rendering this skill as the one you never use. It can have its moments in fights against a lot of cannon fodder or else, if you ranger has low initiative and goes AFTER the most dangerous enemies were CCd. Seems like a skill that needs a thought out party composition, counting in factors like general "class" setup, initiative, formation and others.
Rage is just an OK skill for rangers, but is very strong when used together with this skill. With Rage, you effectively lose one shot in exchange for couple guaranteed crits, but this skill significantly increases the crits you can get out of Rage when used properly. Pop Rage when you can ensure 3 or more enemies would move inside your circle and you'll just absolutely murder everyone.
For anyone seeing this in 2021, this skill now works as it’s supposed to and is quite a neat thing.
I've tried it a dozen times but this skill does nothing for me. Just a waste of 2 AP...
It's disappointing that across the 2 years that this skill has been bugged it is still not working correctly, People can run in and out of the area of effect without consequence, sometimes it gets one attack off but more often than not you're spending 2AP for 0 damage. Really wish they would fix it or replace it.
Oh hey, a skill that attacks anyone in a designated killbox automatically on any turn if they move. These kinds of skills are a joy to use! Oh hey, this is in a game where 95% of everything is able to teleport, there by escaping or avoiding the killbox entirely without getting shot at. Hooray for another mostly useless skill.
smoke bomb is the best counter for this skill and using it on a cluster of melee fighters or ranged ones with close enemy pretty much guaranties hit... provided they dont have jump skill...which can be used to get out of the area if you cant obscure your movements.
This skill is completely messed up. I played through the entire game and beat it but never once saw this skill do damage. Now suddenly on my second play through it's wrecking anything it touches.
Seems that it might be bugged, if you reactive shot an area and miss the target on the initial hit, the target will no longer trigger the expected reactive shot on it.
Possessed Dwarves 1 level above my party just one shotted my sebille with this skill dealing almost 600 damage. I get that people are complaining that it's overpowered to use as a player but it's super strong when used by the AI as well...
the thing is, this spell deals increasing damage based on how much enemies in the circle at the moment u cast it. so it does for example 100 damage to the first target, 200 to the second and so on.
I just instantly killed magister reimond and his friends in the blackpits as a level 16 ranger with this skill. One shot, completely overpowered/bugged. Please nerf because this isn't fun.
Its just murdering everything... doing 6k damage, killed an allied summon as well, its just super weird at the moment, its like they replaced it with a different skill.
Yeah it's completely bugged, at the moment. Deals massive damage as soon as it is cast to any character inside the area of effect. I have no clue how the game is calculating the absurd damage numbera either. My rogue one shot the Red Prince who is specced fully as a tank. Around 2000 damage in one hit to multiple characters at level 12. How the ***** did Larian bork this skill so hard.
Well the line of sight makes sense tbh..
Got Ifan as marksman and atm his shots deal about 800 dmg with high ground - reactive shot deals 1600 initial dmg to ALL enemies in the area. Kinda Overpowered.
So after the "fix" today, is reactive shot supposed to do an initial hit on all people in the target aoe? That seems extremely good on its own, let alone the intended effect. In the new state it's even more busted than before, only in the opposite way.
This has worked 3 out of 14 times... so yeah bugged. Or just really ambiguous to when enemies can avoid it(haste maybe). I have tried with them moving through and starting in. And to my surprise both have worked once, but not worked at least 4 times(being 4 times running in, and 4 times starting and moving.. I would love this power, for the chance to plan on their steps and turning 2AP into 2 shoots... but its turning from 2AP into 0 shots that should of been 3
This skill seems broken it has not once shot anything leaving or entering the area of effect....