|Previous Quest||The Silent One|
Silence Broken is a Quest in Divinity: Original Sin II. Exorcise the demon from the possessed girl originally found on Bloodmoon Isle.
- Possessed Girl (Iris)
- Find the possessed girl near the harbor in Arx Outskirts.
- Talk to her/the demon and learn that she no longer knows her name.
- Find the girl's true name (Iris) in the school.
- Use her true name to force the demon out of her.
- Defeat the demon to close the quest.
After the shipwreck and while making your way to the city, you'll learn from some fleeing folk that a little girl with a blue flower on her hair was seeing running towards the harbor. It's the possessed girl (until you reach Arx, she can be found, unresponsive in the below deck area of LV). Go towards the harbor, past the burning building and take the right path down to the beach, not the road to Arx. She can be found amidst some ruins, surrounded by corpses at co-ordinates X:358 Y:170. As you approach you can hear her trying to fight the demon in her head.
Talk to the demon and suggest that the girl is strong enough to fight him and break free. He'll laugh at that and reply that she's no-one, she doesn't even have a name! Back away at this point and go to Arx. To find the little girl's name you have to go to the closed school overrun by junkies. In the reception area there is a note on the floor, near the door to the dorm. From it you learn that her name is Iris (the note mentions also the cat).
Go back to the possessed child and try to talk to the girl through the demon. Several persuasion test options appear, choose the one that mention's the girl's correct name: Iris. The demon will jump out of the girl at this point to fight you, accompanied by four minions. Kill the minions first for more EXP or nuke the demon down to end the fight quickly, as they will disappear once he's dead. You get some xp for killing the demon but the drops are average at best. After he's dead talk and comfort the girl, then ask her what she plans to do now. She says she'll enjoy some time being alone in her head and that she's go look for her cat. As a goodbye gift, she'll give you 8 source orbs (and you also get the xp for completing the quest at this point).
- A pure character (able to pass Lucian's test) may be able to complete this quest without finding the girl's true name.
- Kill the spawned minions first for maxium XP.
- Iris gives source orbs as reward plus 58175 XP before leaving to look for her cat & starting a new life.