Slane the Winter Dragon
|Icy Beach - Near Witch's Cavern|
Slane the Winter Dragon is an NPC in Divinity: Original Sin II.
Slane the Winter Dragon information
- Upon first encountering Slane you will find him bound to the ground by a set of chains, which can be destroyed through attacking them. The dragon will not be able to speak with you until you do this.
- After some dialogue you will be asked to retrieve the Witch's purging wand, as it is the only way to free the dragon of it's souls captivity.
- Radeka the Witch wields the Purging Wand, and must be found in the beachside cave to the South of Slane's location. Kill her and the extra enemies summons to loot the wand from her corpse.
- Upon returning to Slane with the wand in inventory, you may speak with him again and either offer to give him the Purging Wand or decide to keep it for yourself. (NOTE NEXT TWO BULLETINS)
- Handing the wand over results in his gratitude, and a loot choice. Slane will be of use later as he will destroy the Shriekers to the north of The Abandoned Camp upon your party approaching them. It's very possible to die while standing in the Shrieker's range waiting for Slane to fly over, so watch the "tendrils" connecting to you, they indicate you're in the instant death zone. If the Shriekers are already dead, you instead get Encouraged status for 50 turns and Chilled status for 10 turns for the fight with Alexander. Get straight in the battle or the Encouraged status will wear off and be wasted.
- Refusing to give Slane the Purging Wand results in combat.
- Slane the Winter Dragon is Level 9.
Slane the Winter Dragon location
- Slane the Winter Dragon first appears in southeast area of the island, not far from Witch's Location and Gargoyle's Maze. He will be on the beachside, with frozen surfaces surrounding the area.
Notes and Tips
- Ranged Physical Damage and Bleeding will win this fight. Scoundrel sever tendons does great damage when he moves around. Keep your physical damage dealers spread out.
- Killing Slane the Winter Dragon awards 6000XP and drops probably the best one-handed weapon in Act 1: Fang of the Winter Dragon
- Defeating Slane the Winter Dragon grants a "Dragonslayer" achievement on the Steam Community.
- Also tends to drop unidentified Epic and Rare gear.
- If the party gives the Purging Wand to Slane, it will receive 2100XP and he will briefly turn back into a lizard (his original form).
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!