Steam Lance is a Hydrosophist Skill in Divinity Orginal Sin 2.
Steam Lance location
- In a locked chest inside Dallis' Statesroom aboard the Lady Vengeance. You can get this Skill Book during the quest Lady o' War.
- Available starting from level 13
- Trader Bree at Driftwood (Reaper's Coast)
- Almira at Paradise Downs (Reaper's Coast), Lady Vengeance (Reaper's Coast, Nameless Isle), Hall of Echoes (Arx)
- Elf Stormchanter at Reaper's Coast elf camp
- Trayde the Merchant at Temple of Tir-Cendelius (Nameless Isle)
- Lizard Dreamer at Wordless' Black Ring camp (Nameless Isle)
- Trader Friel at Arx
- Trader Aravae at Arx
Steam Lance effects
- Scroll crafted by combine Sheet of Paper, Source Orb, and Chub Fish
- Healing scales with level and Hydrosophist. Damage additionally scales with Warfare
- 25° cone AoE
- Is not affected by range bonuses (Far Out Man, Farsight)
- Will deal damage to allied undead
- Restores enemies' status effects, but doesn't heal them
- Douses fires, both surfaces and characters
- If the cone hits normal steam, the bless effect spreads to it, too
- Cleanses Chilled, Frozen, Diseased, Infectious Disease, Decaying, Plague, Infested
Steam Lance trivia & strategies
- Rather cumbersome to use considering it's large AoE and how it hits undead allies and cleanses status effects from enemies. The healing effect is the same as Restoration's, and the fact that it uses 2 source points means that it should probably be left out of a caster's spell arsenal.
- The scrolls, however, can be far more useful, as they also cost 2 AP only
- It's useful when multiple characters are afflicted by decaying, and you need to heal them quickly
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!