The Collar is a main Quest in Divinity: Original Sin II.
This is one of the main quests automatically acquired at the beginning of the game.
- Find someone that may help in removing the Source Collar
- Remove the Source Collars, allowing that characters to equip amulets
- Speak to Nebora that will reveal to be able to remove the collar but also that don't consider you worth of the service
- Become the champion of the underground arena at the Fort Joy kitchen (see The Arena of Fort Joy)
- Speak again to Nebora that will be now willing to help you and that will offer to remove the collar of the main character
- [Optional] After meeting Han, if asked why he doesn't wear a collar, he will reveal to know someone that is able to remove them. If you then leave Fort Joy with him through the boat, he will direct you to the Sanctuary of Amadia
- Once at the Sanctuary of Amadia, you meet Leya that may remove the rest of the Source Collars. However, she is currently traumatized and not able to help you
- [Alternative A] Complete the Most Dangerous When Cornered quest, saving Gareth or retrieving the Broken Source Collar Amulet. Either way, she will accept to remove all the remaining Source Collars Note: You need to speak to Leya with a character who still has the collar on to trigger the collar removal for your party.
- [Alternative B] Speak to Leya with Lohse that will be able to calm her down, so convincing her to remove all the remaining Source Collars
- If for whatever reason the collars are still not removed (e.g. you explore and progress with the game in the unintended direction), they will be removed after you complete Act I.
Tips & Tricks
- After removing your main character's collar, any Magister who sees you will throw you into jail.
- When playing multiplayer, the character who will have their collar removed is the one crowned champion at the end of the second phase of the arena fight. Consider this when challenging your friends for the honour of being champion.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
NOTE: If Lohse's collar is already removed (after the Blacksmith Nebora removes it for Lohse's winning of the Arena match), then you won't be given the option from the dwarf Duggan to persuade Leya to remove your (and your party's) collar even if you do choose the happy ending to Lohse's 'story' songs. LOHSE MUST be wearing a COLLAR, to get your party's collars prematurely taken off before saving Gareth.
One addiotion: If you play with mercenaries in Act1 with the help of a mod their collars do NOT get removed from Leya
What if you saved it after losing to the fight in the arena? I missed the part about it being a one time deal. Is there another way?
i do some wrong and i killed all npc of arena, how can i remove the collar for all party now?
I spoke with Leya after we rescued Gareth, using one of my living characters (Ifan in my case). One of the options was "can you remove my Source collar?" She said yes and took them all off.
Talk to Leya with Lohse and sing. If you choose the correct choices, Leya will be happier and remove your party collar,
NEW COLOR REMOVAL METHOD:
If you have Beast in your party, when you arrive in Amadia - you talk to the Dwarf "Duggan". Let Beast go ahead and talk to him - and the conversation just flows right into "You must be uncomfortable with that collar on ya" - and his wife (I assume) Leya sitting next to him then removes ALL collars from ALL party members.
Nice surprise! All my collars are off!
Pretty Sure Nebora's Method is bugged, if it's intended, it's a rather annoying choice.
The intended arena method requires you to win the arena, then talk to "the thorny one" who will prompt you to go to Nebora to remove it.
This only works for the Main Character (player's avatar), but at no point does the game specify so, and dialogue with "the thorny one" prompts every character.
Si me dejo que me detengan, cuando me he quitado el collar y me llevan a las mazmorras, escapar no ha problema es sencillo, pero me han quitado todos mis objetos. Se pueden recuperar? y donde? gracias
Quest image is relevant.
All your characters gets revived if you manage to win in the arena.
I think this quest is bugged, I've spoken to Nebora after completing that arena fight and she did not ask to remove the collar. I think the bug occurs when you speak to her for the first time after you've already fought in the arena.
Whoever said the underground arena was easy is clearly a moron playing on easy mode. It is NOT easy.