The Cursed Ring is a personal Quest in Divinity: Original Sin II.
- Statue of Illusions
- Search the ruins and defeat the mad illusionist Trompdoy.
- Loot the ring from his dead body.
- This quest is also associated with the quests A Fate Worse Than Death and The Vault of Braccus Rex.
- At the southeast side of the island in between the Sanctuary of Amadia and the Gargoyle's Maze where the Voidwoken Salamanders are, there is an illusory cave entrance. The region is circled below, and the orange circle indicates where the entrance is.
- Upon entering the Dark Cavern (this area), you will notice that the entrance to the ruins is blocked off.
- Loitering around is Trompdoy, who insults you and attempts to tell you to leave. If you take a look at your mini-map, you will find an invisible bridge that will lead you to the other side of the area (near the illusory chests). Simply move across the gap and the bridge will reveal itself.
- Trompdoy will try to stop you throughout this area, so prepare to fight. He will ambush you and try to attack you with 3-4 doppelgangers.
- Defeat Trompdoy and acquire the Band of Braccus from his corpse. Do not equip the ring unless you've acquired the skill Bless. If you do not have Bless yet, you will have the opportunity to acquire it in this same area.
- Trompdoy will ask for your forgiveness and ask you to free his soul by destroying his Soul Jar. It is located at the end of the area, where the ruins were.
- After Trompdoy dies and you progress further, you will meet a Statue of Illusions which will give you two riddles. If you have the Pet Pal talent, a Rat on the ground will reveal that the key to the solution is in the words. If you cannot figure out the solution, it is revealed below.
- Once you solve the riddles, you will be granted access to the treasure room, which has plenty of loot. There are Soul Jars here as well, for Trompdoy as well as for the two other quests above that are associated with this area.
- Warning: If you have not yet acquired the two associated quests, do not destroy the other Soul Jars. Pick them up for later.
- You will encounter another statue inside this treasure room. If you have not yet acquired Bless, interacting with the statue will teleport your main character to The Hall of Echoes. You will acquire it there. If you already have Bless, the statue won't do anything.
- To close this quest, have a character equip the cursed ring and then cast Bless on that character to remove the curse.
Tips & Tricks
- The curse cannot be removed from the ring itself. It is permanent.
- This ring is not part of the Tyrant's Set. Its curse is not related to the cursed armour set.
- Many of the boxes in this area have traps in them.
- Showing this ring to the gargoyle at the beginning of the Gargoyle's Maze will teleport you to the end of the maze, right at the tower entrance. You will miss some loot inside the maze, but it is an available shortcut.
- Be sure to take all of the artwork from the wall in the room with the Statue of Illusions to sell.
- Statue Solution: 1, 2