|Previous Quest||The Arena of Fort Joy|
The Driftwood Arena is a Quest in Divinity: Original Sin II, Act II.
Become the champion of the Driftwood Arena.
- Defeat the contenders blindfolded OR chicken out and fight them normally.
- Defeat both Murga and the Voidwoken to claim the champion title.
This quest is acquired at the Undertavern of Driftwood by speaking to Murga. She will say that you are unworthy to fight her, prompting to you speak to Arran to fight some other contenders blindfolded first to prove your worth.
(Note: It is not necessary to fight blindfolded, but the method to complete the quest alters. See below.)
Main Method: If you agree to fight blindfolded, your range and accuracy will be reduced for all of your characters.
After beating those contenders blindfolded, Murga will fight you herself. After her second turn, the captive Voidwoken will escape and force Murga to fight it with you. After the Voidwoken dies, you must defeat her as well to claim the title.
Alternative Method: If you choose to chicken out and not fight blindfolded, the fight will be significantly easier as there is high ground right next to you.
After you defeat the contenders, the Voidwoken will not escape and Murga will tell you that you are not worthy of fighting her. The dialogue with both Murga and Arran will seem as though you've been locked out of the quest completely.
To correct this issue, deliberately attack Murga and kill her. She will not be joined by any of her friends. After doing so, speak to Arran again to try to convince him (with a character that has a high amount of Persuasion) that you deserve a chance at becoming the champion by defeating the Voidwoken.
After both the Voidwoken and Murga are defeated, Arran will crown you Champion of the Driftwood Arena and reward you. Once you're done, you will receive a key for a hatch which will lead you to the arena vault. Once down there, bless the first Door, go through it then either jump or climb up the ladder to the platform which has a "Pot Still". Turn the valve on the Pot Still so you can stop the pipes from blowing petrifying air. This will allow you to open the next door. One of the chests has "Key of the One", which will allow you to unlock the door to the arena in the academy.
- If you made a custom character, the Dome of Protection can really help in this fight, as you will be primarily bunched up (in a death ball) and cannot attack long-range.
- Be sure to pre-cast any Polymorph transformations, shields, buffs, or regens (or poisons on your undead friends) that you might want beforehand. Be careful with transformations; your blindfold will prevent you from using Bull Horns or Spread Your Wings to their full range.
- If your character has a Villain-tag, you can ask Effie the herb trader to poison the contending team. After succesful persuation check she will agree to do so and the enemy team will be permanently slowed. This affects only the first fight.
- There is a high ground location a little to the right, which is very useful when playing in a death ball as it seems some of the contenders tend to head into melee range.
- The first fight can be made easier with summons as they are not blindfolded.
- This Voidwoken isn't as tanky as the one in the Alexander fight, nor is it as hard-hitting as the one from the Hollow Marshes.
- The Voidwoken will try to cast Shackles of Pain on one of your characters, so be sure to maintain some Physical Armour at all times.
- After completing the quest, you can open up a hatch for additional rewards. There are valves to the right and left (up the ladder) past the first door which will turn off the steam.
- If you can get far enough away on the first turn and enter sneak mode on the second with a character, the voidwoken and murga will likely kill eachother. This is a useful method for winning the fight when under leveled
- To confer the permanently blindfolded status your helmet is unequipped and a blindfold equipped. If you are still wearing the Armor of the Tyrant this will activate all of the debilitating status effects not wearing the full set cause.