The Gargoyle's Maze is a Quest in Divinity: Original Sin II.
Gargoyle's Maze is on southeast of the island, not far from the Winter Dragon you can find a vine, climb up and you'll see the entrance to the Gargoyle's Maze.
- Complete the maze
Climb up the vines and head over to the door to speak with the Gargoyle. If you show the Band of Braccus Rex (found on The Vault of Braccus Rex quest) to the Gargoyle at the entrance, he will think you are Braccus Rex and teleport you to the tower, but you will miss out on lots of loot.
Teleportation is a very useful skill in this maze, it can help you reach almost every room in it. There are many skulls around the place, you need to find and use at least 3 to get the best reward. There a total of 6 skulls so far and are as follows:
- Step on the pressure plate when you first enter the maze and grab the skull from the altar to the left.
- In the room with the two glowing blue doors, hit the pressure plate inside to reveal a skull on the eastern altar.
- A skull in the room to the right of where you enter the maze. Teleport up and hit the pressure plate to reveal a skull in the room's altar.
- In the main room with the Historian. Defeat the skeletons and use the portal here and then the portal inside to find a fourth skull.
- On Jimfred's corpse just to the right of the tower.
- On a human skeleton behind the tower right at the corner before the road turn right
Raining Blood + Bless (in that order) will put out the flames on the Historian in the middle. Cast Raining Blood first to put out the Hellfire condition, then immediately cast Bless to remove the Cursed condition. (If you don't have the Blood Rain skill, attack your own character to create some blood. Using the elf skill Flesh Sacrifice near him will also douse the flames, allowing him to be blessed.)
You will need to at least douse the historian to gain access to the 3rd portal within the maze, that will appear up the stairs to the north-east in the same room. Through the portal is another skull and more good randomly generated loot.
Reaching the end of the maze and completing the quest at the gargyole head will allow you to enter the door below, gaining access to Braccus Rex's Tower.
- The 3rd portal doesn't appear until you've doused the flames of the Historian.
- There is a rat (Rattus Verus) you can speak with if you have Pet Pal in thise maze that will ask you to shock her. If you use a shocking spell(use armor of frost if you want to make sure the rat survive) on her she will thank you, but that doesn't seem to do anything else and you gain no xp. However by using the Bless skill you can cure it's curse.
- Killing the Historian doesn't give you any loot, nor a skull.
- You cannot combine the skulls