The Hold is a sub-area of Fort Joy in Divinity Original Sin: 2. The Hold is the starting sub-area of the game and serves as a tutorial that allows players to learn the basic combat and movement mechanics of the game. Please see Walkthrough and/or Locations for other areas.
- Location: Fort Joy
- Recommended Level: 1-2
The Hold serves as the game's tutorial playthrough. Upon finishing the character creation section, their character will wake up with a collar which prevents you from using Source (magic). Take this opportunity to talk to the Magisters on the boat and to start looting for items. The quests related to this sub-area are The Collar and Troubled Waters - players may acquire as much as 3000 XP upon leaving the boat.
Notes & Tips
- In D:OS2DE, you start at a tutorial deck. There you will learn some basic control and tips of the game. Before you climb the ladder to the upper deck, you can explore this place a little bit. There's a door blocked by some crates. Just move the crates and open the door (left click the object then drag).
- You can talk to the sheep there if you have Pet Pal. but she has no useful info to share. Near the sheep there is a vase that has the cargo key. You need to move some crates to see it.
- The Magisters can all be killed for extra experience early. Your future companions will help you in the fight in the centre of the map, but they will not purposely avoid you with their attacks as you are still a neutral party (yellow dots for the companions).
- If fighting the Magisters, try taking characters that can use skills without their weapons, such as a Summoner.
- Behind the skull door, there are a few barrels of deathfog, with a skull marked on them. They would be useful if the Kraken didn't break them open. Note: using ALT reveals three bodies that you can loot even though it looks like you will die.