- Location: Nameless Isle
- Recommended Level: 16+
- Knight of Xantezza
The Impish Pocket Realm
Notes & Tips
The quest related to this sub-area is Running like Clockwork, check out the page to find a walkthrough regarding the said quest.
Rewards for completing the quest related to this sub-area:
- 13,950XP for each wolf killed, for a total of 27,900XP for both wolves (optional).
- 20,075XP upon entering the Pocket Plane.
- 30,100 Exploration XP upon entering the Pocket Plane.
- 20,075XP upon entering the room with the core.
- 20,075XP and a choice of legendary-quality loot upon completion of the quest.
Some notes for the related quest:
- The first 4 plates can be pressed with reinforced crates laying around.
- Gas traps can be covered by lab equipment and stools, or simply disarmed.
- At the entrance (waypoint shrine), look for the pipes. It can be very helpful to leave one NPC along with a teleporter pyramid permanently detached from the party on those pipes for a quick emergency escape. If you let the core explode, you forfeit the rewards though.
- You can use teleport/flying/leaping skills from the pipes to move one character directly into the core chamber and much closer to the core itself. This makes it very easy to shut it down.
Surviving the extermination
As of update 18.104.22.1686, it is posible to trigger the extermination sequence and survive by having one character (preferrably undead since they won't leave the gas cloud on their own) stand on top of the cycling gas traps with an active amulet of rebirth (note that comeback kid doesn't work against the lava) due to the traps clearing their area of influence of both deathfog and lava. Then, trigger the extermination either with an allied hero, or by running your single hero quickly back to the traps (note that the latter method is more difficult and will not work when triggering the extermination by letting the core get a turn as the deathfog+lava will spread during the core's turn, leaving you unable to act until it is too late). Once you are on the traps and the lava reaches you, the phoenix idol will revive you with some delay, enough that the traps should have cleared the fatal substances from their space, leaving you only with the by comparison much healthier poison cloud. After that, you have officially survived the extermination sequence. Placing a teleporter pyramid allows you to leave the pocket dimension with a safe way to return. In order to interact with any part of the pocket dimension ever again, however, you will need the tornado spell to cleanse the ground...
[video goes here]