The Imprisoned Elf
|Suggested Level||2 - 3|
The Imprisoned Elf is a Quest in Divinity: Original Sin 2.
An elf caged by camp boss Griff asks for your help. He says he is innocent and knows a way to leave Fort Joy.
- Find Griff's supplies in order to free Amyro.
- Talk to Amyro once Griff unlocks his cage.
- Talk to Sahelia in the Caverns once Amyro returns to the cave.
- You can acquire this quest by talking to Griff, Amyro, or Sahelia.
- Griff and Amyro is in the Camp Kitchen in the Fort Joy Ghetto.
- Saheila is in the Caverns south of the Fort Joy Ghetto.
- Agree to help Griff find his supplies and in exchange he will free Amyro.
- Speaking to Amyro afterwards will give a clue (oranges).
- You can ask the NPCs if they have seen anything unusual, but none provide useful answers except a rat located near the kitchen (requires Pet Pal).
- Look inside a marked crate on a southern beach in the Fort Joy Ghetto. ( X: 194 | Y: 73 )
- The character will make a comment about the supplies being missing from the crate.
- Question Stingtail, who is near the empty marked crate.
- There are four main ways to get Griff's supplies from Stingtail:
- Persuade Stingtail. You must make a Persuasion check. Picking the Finesse option always succeeds.
- Pickpocket Stingtail. Requires 1+ Thievery. The "supplies" is an Unusually Large Orange.
- Kill Stingtail. Once he is dead, loot an Unusually Large Orange off his body.
- Sebille's Revenge. Sebille will have a "nice" conversation with Stingtail and then kill him in one shot. Afterwards, loot an Unusually Large Orange off his body.
- Return the Unusually Large Orange to Griff. He will ask who the thief was. If you want to free Amyro without killing Griff: You must tell Griff it was Stingtail.
- You gain 1450 XP for returning Griff's supplies and revealing who the thief was. Griff will then unlock Amyro's cage.
- You gain 850 XP for freeing Amyro. He thanks you, and gives you Sahelia's Crest.
- Amyro then walks to the Caverns. There you can talk to Saheila and she will give you a reward.
Alternatively, you can fight Griff, Noosey, Needle, Hilde, Waltz, and Butter.
After combat, you can find a key on Griff's body to unlock Amyro's cage.
Then you can follow steps (8) and (9) as normal.
Tips & Tricks
- Split your party after getting oranges, sending single person back to Griff. Reluctantly give up Stingtail, then switch back to party beside Stingtail. Force attack Griff's mercenary to save him and get 1000XP, further 600XP and additional "orange" when you speak to Stingtail afterwards.
- You may force attack Griff (after stopping his mercenary assassin) to fight his entire crew. Butter, who is part of Griff's crew, will aid you in your fight if you have won her favor through dialogue.
- After completing the quest, if you decide to kill him for Sebille's quest, sell all your loot to him first in trade for the pyromancy skills. When you kill him, you will get some of your loot back.
- There is a method to let Stingtail live, Sebille will not kill Stingtail and her quest will still advance, Griff will not kill Stingtail, and also steal all possible items from Stingtail without trading. (To use this method at your own risk, possible quest may not trigger)
- Talk to Amyro/Griff and promise to find the supply
- Send 3 party members (except Sebille, station her beside Griff) to talk to Stingtail. Recommended to use The Red Prince so that you can complete his quest at the same time
- The Red Prince has +1 Persuasion that guarantees Stingtail to return Oranges to the party
- Take the oranges from Stingtail and transfer the Orange to Sebille and have Sebille to submit the quest
- Expose the thief Stingtail and Griff will send Silence to kill him, have your main party be on focus and fight Silence
- Do let Silence attack Stingtail first, doing so will give you a few hit advantage before engaging in fight
- Kill Silence and you will get 1000exp, save your game if you want to be safe!
- (The following glitch only works with a character with 1+ Thievery)
- Let Sebille initiate the "Permission" dialogue for Stingtail, BUT DO NOT CLICK ON ANY OPTIONS!
- At the same time, use your other character to speak to Stingtail and he will award you 600exp for saving his life
- Method A
- When Stingtail is facing the other way, go pickpocket him for his items. If you get caught, the glitch will trigger and Sebille will "kill" Stingtail but he is actually still alive
- Method B
- If your pickpocketing doesn't trigger him to detect you, attack him once, then switch to Sebille and finish the conversation. Stingtail will still be alive.
- If you want to kill Stingtail, you will get more exp. But you can choose to keep him alive for the fun of it. You will not return to Fort Joy anyway.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
I got the oranges, but didn't give them to Griff till I got level 4, then he says the oranges have somthing missing and just attacks me.
"Force attack Griff's mercenary to save him and get 1000XP, further 600XP and additional "orange" when you speak to thief afterwards. " Yeah, no. Stingtail just gave me some gold, not another orange, meaning I still need to go kill Griff to get that...whatever herb thing to advance the Red Prince's quest.
best outcome 1) talk to Griff about freeing Amyro 2) go to south beach and keep sleeping Stingtail alive (keep Sebille away) 3) persuade Stingtail to give you "unusually large orange" or steal it 4) turn quest into Griff and tell him Stingtail did it 5) hurry over to Stingtail as Griff sent an assassin to kill Stingtail (time sensitive) 6) protect Stingtail by helping him kill the assassin in combat (get xp for killing assassin and for helping Stingtail) 7) go flirt with Butter who is one of Griff's thugs, then she will become your ally and future interest 7) then go kill Griff when you are ready, Griff and his thugs give great xp, and Griff drops expensive drudane and also the quest item "Unusually Large Orange" that Griff drops can be used an upgrade to the "backpack" item because it weighs 0.9kg less than a backpack
My main character is Sebille and i didn't have to kill Stingtal you just need to choose torture with the needle then pass a check if you do so he lives and you can keep him alive with him having unique dialogue with Sebille everytime you go back to him.
i can kill all people in fort joy for exp without directly impacting the story?
If your main character is The Red Prince: Use the finesse option on any character to retrieve the drudanae from Stingtail. Have TRP initiate conversation with Stingtail until right before you hand the drudanae over to him. Swap to a second character and hand over the "supplies" to Griff. Swap back to TRP and finish the conversation before exiting the immediate area. On the second character, rat out Stingtail and finish the dialogue. Congrats you completed both quests without having to resort to stealing/buying more drudanae from Griff and can now proceed to earn 1600 more XP from killing Silence and talking to Stingtail for his thanks before killing him for even more XP.
So. i learned that Stingtail were the thief. i went back to grief after i failed to persuade stingtail to see if i had an option to tell Griff about the thief. But 0 new options. Then i went back to Stingtail and killed him and got the stolen goods and returned back to Griff again, still 0 new options. Then i talked to a rat telling me about Stingtail smelling like oranges...
I am Tempted to murder griff now, jsut to get that Elf out and complete my quest...
after I protect stingtail from griif, I turn back to griff and kill him, nice loot btw
After i talk with Grief and tell him about Stingteail, i rush to stingtel and a person with the name "Silentia (German)" attack him. I cross the battle and help Stingtail. After the batte he thank me and i have got 800exp and stuff from him. Have i saved his life forever? Can not decide it was a good way or if griff send another person to kill him?
Give Griff an orange but don't tell about stingtel , you will got a ***Hero*** tag but you must fight all of them
If you're playing as Sebille you have the option of letting Stingtail live (thus keeping the Pyro skill book merchant around).
In my case, I'm not talking yo stingtail to finish this quest.
After I got glove of teleportation, I use it on amyro.
Just like that and quest is finished
The trading is button up on the left side of the character usually.
You can finish this quest by having Sebille talk with Griff and she'll sort it out as well thusly saving Amyro with what that entails.
Little confused as to how people are opening up trade with this NPC, I saved him from Silence after revealing him to Griff, but all I get in dialogue afterwards is thankyou for saving me, he did give me a prize but no trading options.. Odd.
Either persuade Stingtail to give you the orange, or pickpocket the orange. Then take it to Griff, tell Griff who the thief was then run back down to the beach, if you are quick enough you will be able to force attack the assassin. Stingtail will help you kill her.
I kept Stingtail alive simply by denying Sebille permission to talk to him. I lost 10 attitude with her though.
So, I messed up this quest. Fane is my main and we killed stingtail with sible then I got my collar off then I was imprisoned I went to try to get the orange and fane had it so they took every thing so I had to kill griff then butter found out I was a murder even tho there would have been a romance with her and the red prince so I had to kill her....fml lol fane is still in jail with all of his stuff gone....
I freed amyro after giving griff the dope, but told him I’d meet up with him later. Now I can’t find him. Where does he go? Notes say ‘the caverns” but can’t find it. Didn’t see him stuck regarding the uncollared glitch.
Do you even get XP from this quest???
Quest is stuck at - Amyro is free. He told us bla bla bla reunited with Amyro.
This does not mention what to do if your persuade fails. Do you just kill him? If so, then why not let Sebelle do it?
Can this be completed if Stingtail is dead before you get the quest?
Amyro can be bugged, if your character wears no collar. When walking back to Saheira after the quest, it's possible for him to be stuck between walking there and remaining near his cage when he comments on the fact that you have no collar on.
Had to reload and keep the non-collared character away to finish the quest
Solution in video here : https://youtu.be/JJvS660JiJ4?t=8m3s
Split your party after getting oranges, sending single person back to Griff. Reluctantly give up thief, then switch back to party beside thief. Force attack Griff's mercenary to save him and get 1000XP, further 600XP and additional "orange" when you speak to thief afterwards. [:)]