The Teleporter is a Quest in Divinity: Original Sin II. Fort Joy is currently locked up and no one is allowed to leave this area. However, a fellow inmate, Gawin, suggests to help you escape with teleportation equipment if you assist him.
- Retrieve Gloves of Teleportation
- Use Gloves of Teleportation to help Gawin escape
Talk to Gawin, an inmate inside Fort Joy and tell him you are interested in his plan. Go to the crocodilians nest on a nearby beach (marked on your map by Gawin, remember that only the character who gets that quest from Gawin can see the mark), kill those monsters and loot the Gloves of Teleportation from their bodies. Make sure the Gloves of Teleportation are equipped on your character and let this character talk to Gawin. He will lead you to Hidden Alcove, so follow him. Teleport Gawin to the ledge below (not the beach!) then teleport him to the mossy rock across the gulch. Follow him to Fort Joy Harbour. You will witness Gawin's death and the quest will be completed. Use the cavern on the beach below to enter the Holding Cells or sneak past or fight your way through the enemies in the harbor to escape Fort Joy.
Note: if you had cleared Fort Joy Harbour prior to completing this quest, Gawin escapes into The Hollow Marshes where he gets killed east of where the Flaming Pigs are located. He dies there even if this area is cleared as well.
- If you have teleported Gawin to the beach at the bottom, the quest can still be completed. Gavin will run away afterwards, but you can teleport your party member to other side of the cliff. Then you can proceed to Holding cells via the beach below (there's an entrance there). There are multiple ways to go inside the Fort Joy, the simplest one is to teleport one of your party member to the second level of the fort (South to the magisters guarding the fort entrance), and then put the ladder down so rest of your team may climb up.
- It is advised to open the passage behind The Divines Wayshrine in Fort Joy before doing this quest so you can return through there afterwards if you wish.
- If you teleported Gawin down to the beach, you are still able to find his dead body in Kniles the Flenser's torture chamber to loot.
- Gawin would turn hostile and start a fight if you have points in retribution (It does him some damage after he teleport you). Fixed at patch v22.214.171.1245