The Watcher's Mercy is a Quest in Divinity: Original Sin II. Talking to a Watcher, she asks you to free the Knight of Duna from his wretched existence. Will you comply?
- Meet the Watcher.
- Enter the Temple of Duna.
- Kill or convince the Knight of Duna to stand down.
- Report back to the Watcher.
Meet the Watcher south of the Lunar Gate Waypoint. She will ask you to release the spirit of the Knight of Duna from his body.
The Knight of Duna is inside the Dwarven Temple, which is near the Watcher (she is overlooking it, in fact). Enter the temple and you will immediately receive 30,100 Exploration XP. When you head inside, there is a skull who will tell you to leave if you aren't a "child of Duna". This hints that only a dwarf can bypass the traps freely. If you aren't a dwarf, the Mask of the Shapeshifter also works.
In any case, move forward and you will encounter Granite Protectors who will attack you if you get too close, and a poison trap to the left. The protectors don't hit very hard so as long as you endeavor to stay out of range, they should not pose any problems. You can simply use one of your companions (preferably a dwarf) to bypass the traps and then use the teleporter pyramid to regroup your party.
The Knight of Duna is located to the left, past the poison trap. If you are a dwarf, you get one special dialogue option, but it doesn't really change anything. Either way, you will have to pass 2 speech checks to avoid fighting him, which will result in his and the granite protectors' death. You will receive 50,150XP.
Alternatively, you can choose to fight him. If you choose to fight him, he will attack you along with the other granite protectors acting as shields. You will receive 60,200XP for killing him (killing him will cause all the granite protectors to die immediately), plus another 50,150XP for resolving this portion of the quest. Killing any granite protector grants no XP. Also, killing him in this way will grant good loot, including a unique helm named "Knight of Duna's Helm".
Once the knight is dead, you can cast Spirit Vision and talk to his spirit, whereupon he will beg you to consume his source. It doesn't really matter if you do. In any case, interact with the Altar to know that Duna is aligned with the moon, and then report back to the Watcher.
The Watcher will thank you, completing the quest. You will receive 20,075XP, a unique pendant named "The Watcher's Amulet" (pretty useless but grants the "Guardian Angel" skill"), and a choice of Epic-quality loot.
- 30,100 Exploration XP upon entering the Temple of Duna. (10,050 XP in DE version)
- Convince the Knight of Duna to stand down for 50,150XP.
- Kill the Knight of Duna for 60,200XP, plus another 50,150XP. (most rewarding outcome)
- Pray at the Altar to Duna 20,075 XP quest update.
- 20,075 XP, a unique pendant named "The Watcher's Amulet", and a choice of Epic-quality loot upon quest completion talking to The Watcher.
- 27,900 XP for killing The Watcher afterwards.
- Granite protectors are not considered part of the combat, so they will attack any nearby player characters repeatedly while you are fighting the Knight of Duna. Additionally, hostile terrain such as fire will continuously hurt protectors even while nothing is happening in the combat.