Trompdoy is an NPC in Divinity: Original Sin 2.
- Trompdoy will first greet you with insults after his sudden appearance within the Dark Cavern. Giving you the option to ignore or slay him. However, regardless of what you choose to do with him during your first meeting he will appear later within the dungeon revealing that he is a powerful illusionist.
- Trompdoy had been cursed by Braccus to be an eternal guardian for one of his many secret treasure troves.
- Trompdoy first appears in Braccus Rex's hidden Dark Cavern.
Notes and Tips
- For maximum exp gain it is advised to keep the original Trompdoy alive and kill all the clones first, each kill rewards you with 1200 exp. If you engage the fight head on the original is in the top right or south-east corner, equipped with a staff and will cast Chamelon Cloak right away.
- During the fight along the bridge with multiple Trompdoy within the Dark Cavern, Trompdoy will continue to summon additional Trompdoy so long as the original Trompdoy remains undefeated. As such you need only kill the original Trompdoy (the version with a staff that spawns to the right of you along across the gap in the bridge) to end the encounter. Doing so will instantly kill any remaining Trompdoy.
- Trompdoy's curse is immune to cure through Bless. However you will be given the option of 'curing' him later if the correct dialog options are chosen. Although he can not be cured through Bless, should you choose to equip his cursed item casting bless upon yourself will remove the curse.
- "Trompe l'oeil" is French for "trick of the eye." Trompdoy is an illusionist.